Battery Light Illuminates

mr_myko

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I notice to day that my battery light led illumated when I hit the gas it stayed on for about 10 seconds then it went off. Also at that same time when i did hit the gas the car studders. I went to go look at the battery and i see that 1 of wires from the batter is about to come out of the battery clamp, I am currently at work, so i can fix the wire, but could that be the problem? To why my battery light is illuminating? Oh and the car starts up fine I have no starting issues.

A battery light indicates that there is a problem with the charging system. That wire could very well be the issue, if the other end of it is connected to your alternator. If that current is disrupted, the car thinks that the alternator is not charging the battery, and gives you the warning light.

I JUST changed the alternator in the girlfriend's vehicle, because her battery light came on. I took out both the battery and alternator, and brought them in to OReily's to test them. In her case, the alternator was toast.

thanx man i appreciate it, the other end of that wire with the bad ring terminal connects to the fuse panel inside the trunk, I will put a new ring terminal on it when i get home.

If your bat is OEM its time for a new one. The motorcraft parts dont last forever and if the bat is shaky your constantly putting a load on the alt. I see you have an 04 V6 like me and mine was on its way out this past spring. Wait till you try and find a non dealer replacement. How did that wire / stak on ever come loose? Good Luck

Just reread yor post . Sounds like the wire from the bat term conect. pulled out got loose. You might want to buy a new one as I dont think you can make a good repair on a factory end cable. Good Luck

its after market optima blue top battery that I put in about 3months ago along with a h/o alternator all at the same time, I did replace the loose ring terminal last night. But the battery light is still coming like twice a day for about 5 seconds. I was thinking about taking to firestone in the morning to see what they say before it gets worst

I wonder if a code is stored for something like this. Hopefully the shop can replicate the condition and locate the problem. Please post your findings. Good Luck

Might be the brushes on the alternator are skipping. I've seen the problem on different fords before. Dirt get in the alternator and wears the armature? (just woke up brains not fuctioning yet) out of round causing the brushes to skip at a higher rpm throwing the battery light. Because it happens at a higher rpm a alt test will show its good.

a optima BLUE top, as in marine AKA boat aplication (not that i think that has anything to do with the problem, it is just weird)

alot of H/O alternators that i have seen said that at low RPM they do not output as much power as the stock, its only after a certian RPM that they produce as much or more power, where you braking or going slow?

I never went to the shop because I haven't had time off from work, but the light hasn't came back on in 2days now. Should I still go to have it checked out. I appreciate every onces help. Oh and I have the blue top optima battery because it has the extra studs on it which is perfect for audio systems. Someone told me about the blue top on a car audio site and I have been using the blue top batteries 2 of my previous cars.

Hi Mr Good for you the bat lights out. See what happens. Ive stumbeled across a few repairs that can best be called Cleared While Checking. I see you have a lot of mods I wonder if it was a loose con. Good Luck

update

i finally went to the shop, and they told me that the h/o alternator was intermittently overcharging and creating spikes in the system because of all of power and huge 0 gauge power wires I am running, which is why the battery light was coming on, they told me to take it back to the car audio shop where I had everything 1st installed at, he also said that I need a capacitor which would have prevent that problem that problem to begin with, but they never said if the alternator or battery was dead. And the car cranks right up like there is no problem at all. So I figure the battery and alternator must be in good shape?

Members online

No members online now.
Back