Battery hold down bolt and clamp for 1996 mark 8

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This is semingly simple . I put a new battery in my 96 mark. Difficulty in installing the hold down long bolt with the hold down black block that catches the side of the new battery. Tried starting the long bolt but when tightening it down the hold down block misses the lip of the new battery. Its a bear to get it started after the battery is in car. Theres about 3/4 inch room. to slip the bolt down 5 inches to catch the little hole on the battery tray. I am going to try needle nose vice grips to see if I can get it lined up with the battery tray hold. I do not want scrap the hold down and run battery with out it. Any Ideas to keep the hold down block above before the long bolt screws into the battery tray?

Never had a problem
Did you get the right size battery ?
The block should sit in place on its own and the screw should be held onto the block with a little like washer

Its group sixety,five 65, sold by walmart. Made for the car. I figured a way to get it in. Thanks

Group 65 made for this and other linc, cads, sold thru walmart, I figured a way to get the block to stay untilt I can screw in the bolt so it catches the battery lip. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back