bank 2 running rich

purelux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
p0430 error code i believe. I had new O2 sensors put on about 2 years roughly 20k or a bit less miles ago. I have tried running seafoam through the air intake and in the gas tank, then resetting the battery. The light stayed just over a tankful, both times. When I had the code scanned it sounded like it could be either the O2 or the cat itself. Is there any way to determine which it is. The car has 123,000 on it so im leaning twords the cat just based on age of the sensors, any ideas?

Think i may have found the cause there is a slow leak of power steerig fluid just after the filter near the rear O2 sensor which dripped onto it. I cleaned it the best I could and put dielectric on the connectors so hopefully that does it.

hmmmn ever cleaned O2s before - the PS fluid could cause and issue if it leaked through to the sensor tip, or got the connector wet. Hope this is all it is! Cats are pricey...

I think you have a vacuum leak on bank 2. computor is sensing lean mixture on that side, therefore computor is richening up that side beyond parameters which sets bank 2 rich.

Well I popped the battery light went out ran it bout a tankful came back on same code. Which turned out to be the front o2, which was only 2 years old thanks bosch, so i got the motorcraft this time. Gonna try sucking some sea-foam through the pcv though anyways just for piece of mind.

Members online

No members online now.
Back