Bank 1 problems (misfire, low o2 voltage, lean)

T-Flip

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
V6 250,000 miles

Ok I did plugs/coils a while back, everything was fine until CEL came on. It was for the o2 bank 1 sensor 2. I replaced that with an ntk downstream sensor but the symptoms are still there. Now it's throwing a misfire code on cylinder 3. I got an obdii scanner and bank 1 sensor 2 voltage does not move at all, it is stuck on 0.04v.

So is the bad reading causing the misfire or is the misfire causing the bad reading? I'm not sure which to address first, but i think either somethings wrong with the sensor wiring or cats are no good.

I have a confirmed cylinder 3 misfire code and a pending bank 1 lean code right now since I've cleared it.. any help on where to go from here would be appreciated.

Ok I fixed it.. went ahead and replaced the other sensor and sprayed contact cleaner on both sensors. Then I pulled the intake to check all bank 1 injectors and their connectors to make sure that they were good. Cylinder 3 must have been loose because it ran just fine after I put it back together. False alarm I guess

Members online

No members online now.
Back