Bad Year For The Ls

jeffyman215267

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Bought the car last january with 82,000 miles,

1)rack leaking slowly,still is
2)Replaced both front lower ball joints and lower control arms,1000$
3)replaced front sway bar bushings(aftermarket energy suspension)
4)replaced both front wheel bearings
5)rear rotors and rear brakes replaced
6)replaced plugs,valve cover gaskets and coils from e-bay
7)replaced coils again 2 weeks later at 80 bucks each from ford
---------------------------------------------------------------
Just passed 100,000 miles
8)gas petal assembly,broke on the inside go figure:eek:
9)replaced 2 fuel pumps and a battery at 1300$,can anybody guess what will be next?this is getting expensive,its a 14000 8000$ car

2000 ls sport 3.9v8,oh,the

Last edited:
here's a couple you missed

IAC - no idle will occur.
DCCV twice! - crazy heat/air combinations.
Coolant tank cracks - overheating.
transmission - real crap!
Window regulators - crap!
windshield crack
foggy headlights
hydraulic fan and motor twice!
vacuum leaks from rotting rubber hoses
clockspring
consider yourself lucky at this point......but after you fix it,,,,it keeps on trucking!

Last edited:
That sucks. 18000 miles used and you've replaced and fixed a lot

Had mine since Aug, Coolant tank, Hot air out of AC, 1 coil and spark plug, random overheating, bumps, knocks and various sounds coming from the front suspention. All issues have been fixed for less than 400 bucks. This was possible only because of the dedicated and slighty deranged LS owners who post about such matters { Just like Suzuki TLR owners } if it wasen't for them I would be at the bus stop with my thumb in my ass. Car runs great, no issues, SCT, cat back's, cold air, tune and 11.6 avg MPG and I could care less.

Bought the car last january with 82,000 miles,

1)rack leaking slowly,still is
2)Replaced both front lower ball joints and lower control arms,1000$
3)replaced front sway bar bushings(aftermarket energy suspension)
4)replaced both front wheel bearings
5)rear rotors and rear brakes replaced
6)replaced plugs,valve cover gaskets and coils from e-bay
7)replaced coils again 2 weeks later at 80 bucks each from ford
---------------------------------------------------------------
Just passed 100,000 miles
8)gas petal assembly,broke on the inside go figure:eek:
9)replaced 2 fuel pumps and a battery at 1300$,can anybody guess what will be next?this is getting expensive,its a 14000 8000$ car

2000 ls sport 3.9v8,oh,the

I had my rack replaced just before the warranty expired, so I just had to pay $50 deductible. Otherwise it's kind of expensive.

You got raped on the ball joints. I replaced my driver's side lower ball joint for $69. But of course, I did the labor.

I'm about to replace my other front wheel bearing. Again, I do allthe work, and get the bearing assembly for about $130 each side.

I wouldn't pay list price for dealer parts. Ever. They will always give you list price at first. I just tell them I don't pay list price, what is my price? I've done this enough times at my local dealer that they now tell me"list price is xx.xx. Your price is yy.yy"

I love my LS.

Whenever the LS costs you a bunch of money, make up for it by spending extra time staring at it. It's so pretty. ;P

Yes, or make up for it by buying yet another mod for it. It's what I do. Although, I have a few things to fix right now. Coils are starting to go. gotta change the thermostat (again), and get to that other wheel bearing.

i do like the LS and any alternatives will probably break the bank for me with how slow massage bussiness right now.....if i had to downsize to an import a kia forte or hyundai genesis coupe would be my only 2 choices thus far, but i can't bring myself to part with my ls.....

IAC - no idle will occur.
DCCV twice! - crazy heat/air combinations.
Coolant tank cracks - overheating.
transmission - real crap!
Window regulators - crap!
windshield crack
foggy headlights
hydraulic fan and motor twice!
vacuum leaks from rotting rubber hoses
clockspring
consider yourself lucky at this point......but after you fix it,,,,it keeps on trucking!
Is this the IAC?
http://www.partstrain.com/store/det..._Valve/2002/Base/8_Cyl_3-dot-9L/MICX1731.html

The DCCV?
http://www.partstrain.com/store/det...r_Valve/2002/Base/8_Cyl_3-dot-9L/FS74009.html

Trans solenoid?
http://www.partstrain.com/store/details/Univ/B-and-M/Automatic_Transmission_Solenoid/B3221011.html

Everyone has their own name for this crap.
I got the doorman tank from here, matches the old part exactly and was pretty cheap. Search for coupon codes online.

That looks similar to the IAC. Don't know if it's an exact match.

Members online

No members online now.
Back