Bad Trip

Ls208

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
The fam and I headed back home on monday after our 4 month long trip to Cali. It was going good for the first two hours and then when we got into nevada i went to pass a couple of slower cars, as i switched lanes a truck in front of me came over as well so we were a little close together. there was i log in the road ahead that i couldnt see because the truck was blocking my view so as he moves to get passed i had no time to even see it let alone swerve out of the way so we hit it going about 80 andit rocked us pretty hard and it flet like on of my rims was about to come off it the car was shaking so bad so i knew i obvisouly blew a tire, i oull over to do a quick inspection but didnt see anything at first so i rolled slowly into a gas station the was just a few hundred feet away, get out and i see this beautiful thing:
tire1.JPG

tire2.JPG

tire3.JPG
and to make the matters worse is that i didnt have anything to put my wheel key into to get the damn thing changed so we had to wait for my brother inlaw and sister who were 3 hours behind us to bring us a socket set and when they get there they were onse size too small but i found a girl working on her truck and she had the 13/16 i needed. i also had never looked at my spare before so when i went to take it out i found out that it was just alittle doughnut (isnt it supposed to be a full size spare?) so then i had to go fork over $230 dollars for a steel wheel and a tire to get me home. F*ck logs.

tire1.JPG

tire2.JPG

tire3.JPG

Youre pretty lucky thats it. My mom hit a log in santa fe NM a few years back and tore the core support out of a PT cruiser. With the radiator still attached to it

Wow, that's a helluva bend. Coulda been much worse!

I've heard of a party log, but I've never heard of a f*ck log.

yea it definatley could of been worse, i think the tire is still good. i hope it is, ive only had em for like 2 weeks. my girlfriend pointed out a good point though when i was changing the tire, now i get to shop for a new set! something cheap though, ebay here i come. the guy at the tire shop in nevada said that it might be fixable, what do you guys think, it looks like its too bent and i dont know what they would be able to do about the crack through the center.

If it cracked its done. Probably want to get an alignment. I would. :D

yea i thought about an alignment, it didnt seem off at all though but i am still planning on getting it done, i need to get it all looked at anyway just to make sure everything is alright, seemed a little bouncy the rest of the trip home.

damn....who just leaves a log in the road? closest i get in washington is a piece of plastic from a car or a piece of tire from a car (from car wrecks and blowouts) :p

who knows? went and got the tire taken off and thank goodness the tire is still fine. one less thing im going to have to buy. do you think if i try and recycle it i will get any money back? i just thought about that and figured i would see what i could get instead of just tossing it.

:q:q:q:q it! Take a ball pin hammer and pound it back:)

Or those boobs ( apparently the other word is not allowed ). They should work.

damn....who just leaves a log in the road? closest i get in washington is a piece of plastic from a car or a piece of tire from a car (from car wrecks and blowouts) :p

Those pieces of tire you see are normally retread from truck/trailers.

If the rim is cracked it is no good, there are repair shops that will weld those and bend them out for you but I would just go new, cheaper to buy one new rim than buy a new set. And you will get abbout 8 bucks if you scrap it. And you should probably not tailgate people, I learned that the hard way when I had a pipe in the road go through my fog light.

If the rim is cracked it is no good, there are repair shops that will weld those and bend them out for you but I would just go new, cheaper to buy one new rim than buy a new set. And you will get abbout 8 bucks if you scrap it. And you should probably not tailgate people, I learned that the hard way when I had a pipe in the road go through my fog light.

haha yea i wish i would of just stayed in the lane, im gonna get a full set of diffrent wheels,the other 3 rims have seen better days, i found a single one of the current rims but they want 250 and i saw a full set of rims for 600 on ebay and they look decent so i think im just gonna get those.

Those pieces of tire you see are normally retread from truck/trailers.

Legally, the truck driver is supposed to stop and go back to pick up the retreads when they lose them. I don't think it has ever happened.

Members online

No members online now.
Back