Bad Springs???

Hawk03

Dutch User
Reaction score
How do I tell if my springs are bad?

I know I need new shocks and have them on order but do the springs go bad? I was going to order Eibachs if I need new springs but if I don't have to spend the money then I don't want to.

2000 V8 125,000 miles.

Thanks!

id be surprised if the spring itself is bad... unless the strut was completely shot for an extended period of time...

springs do wear, you are over 100k, wouldn't be a bad ideal to replace them at the same time as the shocks

id be surprised if the spring itself is bad... unless the strut was completely shot for an extended period of time...

springs do wear, you are over 100k, wouldn't be a bad ideal to replace them at the same time as the shocks

Thanks guys. The shocks have been bad for a while (about a yr), esp the rear its been sagging and chewing the insides of my tires (had an alignment in aug, didn't help). Max was unable to find any oem springs so i was going to get the Eibachs if I needed new springs.

Thanks guys. The shocks have been bad for a while (about a yr), esp the rear its been sagging and chewing the insides of my tires (had an alignment in aug, didn't help). Max was unable to find any oem springs so i was going to get the Eibachs if I needed new springs.

If it's really sagging, then that's the spring not the shock (not saying the shock isn't bad too).

I just changed my shocks and springs along with shock mount and the white plastic spring washer at 95k and didn't notice any great dif. Springs can be had at Tasca. Save yourself some money and just change the shocks. If you carry a lot of junk in the trunk yours may be shot.

great advice seeing how how he has 25% more miles that you did, if you didnt notice any difference, why even change the shocks?

Well, I think that if everything else is getting replaced, you might as well do the springs too! I mean, it's only money! Money is temporary, but a Lincoln LS is forever!!!

Well my Girlfriend managed to bust two springs on her car and it has almost 200,000 miles, so it can happen, if you have the money do it now and not worry about it

Members online

No members online now.
Back