Bad brake calipers?

OK I wasn't sure from the video if maybe the rotor was warped, or just loose because the lugs don't seat against the rotor due to the stud length difference.
Another issue could be that the calipers piston wasn't "clocked" properly when you pushed it back in (Note: its easier to push the piston in with the bleeder valve open) this also helps prevent pushing seal sediment back thru the ABS ports in the pump. I use brake hose clamps to block the lines, then open bleeders, then push (or twist-depending on caliper type) the piston back in.
For REAR calipers it is critical that the piston be Clocked as shown here
60eeb78b.jpg

The brake pad has a little nipple bump that fits into the groove of the piston, if not aligned will cause the pad to sit crooked causing a binding issue.

Also in your vid I see the copper washers on the ground..did you replace them with new ones ( 1 per side of brake hose fitting)

Yes, I replaced them (washers) with new ones. I did not know about the caliper piston having to be clocked like that, now I'm gonna pull it back apart and check. You sir are awesome.

If you didn't clock it right, it would've made putting the caliper bolts back in quite difficult

I would have someone work the parking brake while you watch for the brake lever in the caliper to engage and disengage (the little arm that the cable is connected to on the caliper) should move about 1/4"
Glad I can help
I've also got an extra set of rear calipers if needed...and mine have already been fully rebuilt-by me

Members online

No members online now.
Back