Bad A/C Clutch Bearing? Click here!

DysfunktinaL

LVC Member
Reaction score
So, my clutch bearing on my AC compressor died on me the other day. Total lockup. Serpentine belt = no belt travel. I can't afford to replace the compressor, or have the knowhow to fix it myself and install a new bearing, so I did some looking around, and talked to a buddy of mine who is a Mustang owner and enthusiast.

We discovered the "A/C Eliminator", from Ford Racing (Part number M19216D46).

This fits directly into the position of compressor, and remove the old one. It was a bit of a difficult fit to get the 3 bolts off, but my buddy and I managed it with a basic 9" socket wrench, and a size 10 socket. Took us about 2 hours to get the dead compressor off and the eliminator on, but now my belt can rotate properly again, and I lost about 20 pounts off the front end, and gained some horse power now that there is no drag from the AC on the belt.

Hope this helps someone, took me a week of calling around, and a bit of a risk taking off the old part without knowing 100% that the new part would work.

yea i was considering doing that to my sohc 4.6 but at the time it was my only car and couldn't afford to wait for the shipping and whatnot... I ended up spending $700 to get it fixed...It made me feel like sh!t..

Ouch. That was the exact reason I went with the Eliminator. I talked to my shop, they said "$750", and I said "I'll call you back", and then looked up shops in socal that had that part. Just had my buddys and stuff drive me around to take care of everything, and luckily it happened on a sat, and I have Tues/Wed off, so I just found rides to work for Sun/Mon and then took care of my car on Tues/Wed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back