Backup warning signal?

boomyal

LVC Member
Reaction score
This is for a 2005 V8 LS. Apparently the backup warning system has quit working, When you first shift into reverse you get the rapid tones that you usually get but beyond that, there are no beeps as you back closer to an object..

Any particular place to start looking for the cause of this. There are no other issues with the car.

You shouldn't get any tones when you "first shift into reverse" unless something is very close behind you (in that case, the tones should continue). This is a sign of a fault.

Rear park assist components:
1. Switch in the overhead console to turn it on and off.
2. Electronic module with speaker in the center of the rear package shelf, under the carpet, but above the metal shelf (can't access it from the trunk).
3. Radar sensor in the center of the rear bumper, behind the bumper cover.
4. Two ultrasonic sensors sticking through the rear bumper cover, on the left and the right.

http://deneau.info/ls/s6x~us~en~file=s6xsdd0l.htm~gen~ref.htm

joegr, thanks for that info. I'll see if there is anything I can do about it. This is my wife's car and although I thought there must be a 'disable' switch I did not know where it was. With your info and the manual in hand I went out and checked things. The manual states that the switch light stays on while the parking aid is disabled but reverts to 'engaged' (light off) upon either repressing the button OR with subsequent ignition cycles. If the switch light remains on, there is a problem with the parking aid system.

Indeed, upon starting the car, the light is off. The minute you pull it into reverse, you get the three beeps from the aid system and the switch light comes on and stays on. No re-pressing the switch alters that so something is wrong. Further evidence is that your information states (and you so noted) that when pulling it into reverse, no audible alerts should be heard.

You can turn it off threw the radio. In the menu are go to traffic and turn it to off. That will disable the back up sensor

I don't know which car you are talking about, but that is certainly not true on the LS.

Perhaps yours has some aftermarket setup.

cant have a little information without a little disinformation sprinkled in there...

Well that's the way it is on my 04 ls. When i go to Traffic through the radio menu i can turn my back up sensor off and on. I am not saying who is right or wrong , its just that way it is on mine . I guess my 04 was a Friday car . But I do be leave the LS is the best American made sport luxury car ever made .

Well that's the way it is on my 04 ls. When i go to Traffic through the radio menu i can turn my back up sensor off and on. I am not saying who is right or wrong , its just that way it is on mine . I guess my 04 was a Friday car . But I do be leave the LS is the best American made sport luxury car ever made .

I have an 04 and an 06. I promise you that this is not true. You can only turn traffic warnings (that are broadcast from radio stations) on and off that way. The factory park assist can only be turned off by the switch in the overhead console.

7fe.gif

1396035095477.jpg

1367394961171.jpg

Course, when you're getting into it with Joe on the LS, this is how it's gonna be...
he51658780.png

Aftermarket radio? As Joe said, the stock THX/NAV is completely independent system from the ERPA.

That said, I've read in early versions the radio would mute/reduce volume when in the ERPA was engaged.

...That said, I've read in early versions the radio would mute/reduce volume when in the ERPA was engaged.

Yes, but that's a one-way simple logic signal from the Park assist to the radio to mute the radio.

Members online

Back