backing up at night with mafia tint sucks!!!

devilchild

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
this question is for all you who have jet black tint and hate rolling the window down and sticking your head out to see behind you when backing up at night

are there any replacement back up bulbs that are brighter than stock??

its getting cold here and sticking my head out when in reverse is starting to suck real bad

Do a lincoln symbol in the back tint so you can see out a little or back up driving lights.I always wanted tint that got darker with the sun out and faded at night to see out

Do a lincoln symbol in the back tint so you can see out a little or back up driving lights.I always wanted tint that got darker with the sun out and faded at night to see out

Let me know when you find that!!! LOL!

Well invent it.... become a very rich person....:)
I think that it is in the works right now mostly for buildings and sky scrapers and i use to have glasses that did this and i am better off being poor if i had the money there would be a mark ix in the works

Do you have a quality tint on the windows or just the cheap stuff you pick up at a parts store?

I found that good quality tint isn't that bad to see out of, but the cheaper 'purple' tint is damn near impossible.

You probably could find brighter bulbs, but you could try backing INTO you parking spaces when you arrive, and then simply pull straight out when you go eliminating the need to try backing into traffic not seeing what you're doing.

Do you have a quality tint on the windows or just the cheap stuff you pick up at a parts store?

i have very expensive 1-piece charcoal black ( not purple at all ) tint on my rear glass..

at night ..i can't see SH!T..

during the day i can see perfect..like there isnt any tint

ill have to try to find some brighter bulbs maybe..

I have 15% tints all around, no problems at all with seeing at night or with the cops.

I have 5% limo all around & at night I can see ok, but just ok!. It took me a while to get used to it though! They sell 55 watt hallogen back up bulbs, I had a set in my bronco. I'm sure that you can find some for the lincoln as well. About that cheap purple tint, That stuff is only used in Mexico anymore as far as I know, tint has come a long ways since that crap! Good Luck!

I had a set of halogen back up lights on my E-150 so I could see backing up to my car trailer at night- could have lite up a football field! They were $20 byt well worth it. Don't leave em on too long or they will melt the plastic lens...trust me on this! Bought them at Advance Auto.

How about LED bulbs? Or hiding a set of off small road lights somewhere discreetly and tie them into the reverse lights. A lot of wrangler owners do that and it works great.

I have 2% and have also thought that it'd be nice to have brighter backup bulbs.

In response to glanga, maybe some would fit to the sides of the license plate. :confused: Should be easy to cut the bumper cover there w/out it looking half bad.

Shouldn't be hard to find some flat lense backup housings that'd fit there.

........ And if anyone does, let me know eh.

Members online

Back