Back in the Saddle Again

LSCyaL8R

LVC Member
Reaction score
It's been three years and took a little patience on my part but today my "family" grew to three when I took ownership of a 1998 black on black LSC with octastars. no dings dents or scratches and with a few minor exceptions the interior is in mint condition as well. Only problem it currently has is a front end clunk. I have reciepts for upper and lower control arms, ball joints, air struts (replaced three times trying to find this clunk!?!?!) yet no receipts for the strut rod bushing. I'll be trying that next week as i was able to move the rod a little by hand, it didn't make a noise but any movement by hand plus no receipts for a repair in the past leaves me believing they are the culprit.... i know... i know... penetrating lube, air tools and possibly a torch will be needed.... been there before.

As this is my first post I'll clue you all in on my Lincoln history. First got behind the wheel of a 1992 Mark VII LSC white with tan interior back in 1999. Then in Feb. 2003 I picked up a black 1997 LSC with tan interior. I was rear ended in 2008 and a few months later the car overheated and developed a knock. not worth the repair bill any longer the car went to the scrapyard. I've missed it ever since and had to have another. Found this car for a little over 2k. The owner took amazing care of this car and I'm confident I have a long lasting great Lincoln.

Aside from the LSC my transportation includes a silver 1997 Saturn SC2 with a 5 speed. That car is a fun little steer and gets great gas mileage. I also have a Navy Blue Metallic 2000 Pontiac SLP Firehawk. That's the track car and currently runs under 13 but will be DEEP into the 12s once i get around to installing the headers and intake manifold I have sitting around. After not being behind the wheel of a Mark VIII for so long it was quite a surprise to test drive this one and feel how "slow" it felt to me now, my memories were always how fast it was. It's all relative as these aren't very slow cars. I'm just used to so much more now.

Since I have the economy and track car this lincoln won't be the jack of all trades my last one needed to be. I'll be looking for upgrades to the sound system and anything that will make the car more comfy than it already is. that includes sound deadening and isolation, possibly subframes.

I'll be heading over to the audio forum to get some feedback on my plans for speaker selection. I don't have plates or registration yet but i'll see about getting some "family portraits" tomorrow after I wash it a bit.

Here I was thinking you got a Mark with Saddle color interior. I feel much better for you now that I've read the thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back