Back end dropped within a mile with city driving - Asham 8 equiped

91 LSC SE

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Was on my way to work and turned right and the back end started bouncing something crazy. I pulled over and the back was slammed to the ground.

The only thing I did was put the summer tires in the trunk/back seat, as I bought a TPMS and was taking wheels to have sensor installed.

at first I was sure the sensor fell off. After trying several different things, I raised the Asham 8 to the max position and the front raised to 4x4 height. Then the back raised enough to get the quarter panels off the back wheels. Drove her a bit and the back raised to normal height, while the front stayed high. I installed a switch in the cockpit, so I could turn this off while in the interior and did so once I had decent height. If sensor was off it wouldn't have raised back up so...

This must be a defective Asham 8 module, no? One thing I should mention is the fuse blew for the driver module (processor that monitors driver door, seat memory etc. - it turns off the radio/acc once you remove key and open door) now I can open driver door and the radio stays on. This fuse went about a 1.5 years ago. I replaced it and it was fine. I have to get 15 amp fuse, so I haven't replaced this yet - still no way that could slam the car - I could see it not allowing the front to lower as sit waits for the person to get out and close door before dropping ride height.

Last edited:
Checked the rear sensor and it did not come loose. I replaced the fuse 41 (10 amp) and the door locks, seat memory, etc all work again. The sensor could be defective, but think it is more likely the Asham 8, haven't driven her yet and should know tomorrow.

Members online

Back