baby ls

felo3769

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
anybody have any clues as to what it might look like? I am thinking somewhere along the lines of a two-door....cant wait to see it....hope they supe up the engine a bit too!!!

Here is a very bad rendetion of what it might look like (i hope not!)

my linc 007.jpg

Whatever it looks like I promise it will be a 100% pile of crap. It is being built on a Mazda platform and that should be enough to tell you it sucks. An AMERICAN luxury car does not need to be based on a japanese platform. FOrd needs to wake up.

J Ashley said:
Whatever it looks like I promise it will be a 100% pile of crap. It is being built on a Mazda platform and that should be enough to tell you it sucks. An AMERICAN luxury car does not need to be based on a japanese platform. FOrd needs to wake up.

Wow....why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel.....LOL. I have to agree with you.....

Yeah J Ashley, please, dont hold back, say whatever is on your mind.. :)

Oh, I think we all know that Lincoln is being left behind as far as fore running new rides is going. The LS was supposed to have a McLaren version, that would have been incredible like the CTS-V but that never came to happen. Then the Aviator? What the hell is that? All of Lincolns vehicles look stamped out of a mold--the Aviator is a small Navigator and the previous Blackwood was an F150 with Navigator lights. It is sooo obvious now more than ever that there is a market for performance luxury cars-either sedan or coupe. Cadillac has taken the lead with the new XLR and the CTS-V and sooo many various and different SUV's that they put out. The LS could be soo much more than it is.

What lincoln needs to do is this-

Get rid of the aviator; Send it to ford and call it....hmm, maybe the explorer;

Forget the Mark LT Truck; Nobody wants to hail gravel or horse manure in a $60 luxury truck;

Find out whoever came up with and/or implemented the whole "retro" concept - send him/her/them to work at Honda or Toyota.

ADD a Mark IX - priced in the $35k - $45k range - styled classic but with contemporary touches and a powerful 8cyl

ADD a Super Mark (Look for a name) - priced in the $75k range with the latest and the greatest in performance, styling and technology;

Find a new Marketing department who knows they are working for Lincoln, not studabaker;

See -- no problem. I got it all worked out. Watch the future - Most or all of these things will happen at some point in the next five years.

Haha, sorry if I went off on a rant fellas.
Get rid of the aviator; Send it to ford and call it....hmm, maybe the explorer;
hahahaha..

I don't really understand what Lincoln is trying to accomplish with this "baby LS" but whatever it is I doubt they will be successful. Unless thier intentions are just to ruin the company.

i prefer the aviator to the navigator. the navigator is just too large and incovenient.

Lincoln.....hehe...

Ford (excluding some mustangs) and all its american based afilliates i.e. Lincoln and Mercury suck. GM is the best. Buy a Caddy ('05 STS). Thats all I have to say. If you don't like it, I don't care. :C :cool:

Dan -- listen, dont hold back, just tell us how ya feel man....

:V

danbuc said:
Ford (excluding some mustangs) and all its american based afilliates i.e. Lincoln and Mercury suck. GM is the best. Buy a Caddy ('05 STS). Thats all I have to say. If you don't like it, I don't care. :C :cool:

Not to burst your bubble but GM has been stamping out look-alikes just as long as Ford. T-birds and Cougars are the same. Camaro and Trans-Ams were the same. Nova had a copy in Pontiac too (can't remember the name). So Ford and Lincoln have copies. That's just because someone with money doesn't want to stoop so low as to buy an F-150. So they pretty it up with leather, chrome, bigger motor, and pretty headlights. Now it's fit for them to drive. I think I see a hint of say VETTE in XLR. They made the vette marketable to the "I'm a die hard Caddy driver only" kind of person so they don't feel like they're betraying the badge. GM has done a wonderful job marketing their "copies" with different badges. That's where Ford "F"d up. I'm die hard Ford, but I think many will agree that they've made some poor decisions (Blackwood). But on the positive side. The new T-bird? Glorious! The 05 Stang? Bad ASS! The new F-150? A true truck all over again!

GO FORD!!

well spoken xcq, well spoken buddy.

It is a bit disappointing though, lincoln builds an excellent car and then ruins the build quality by taking parts off after its done. Although cadillac is no better they are just better at hiding it. GM recalls as much as ford if not more but its just not plastered all over television. Out of the factory cadillacs blow up more than lincolns do. You just dont hear about it because gm will stuff an escalade down their throat to shut them up while they rebuild their deville. Most of the people i know that drive a caddy right off the lot have the engine light go off a few miles down the road. This new platform GM is going for is another way of cutting costs and finding an easier way of throwing a car together. Come on look at those cadillacs you can find their alter egos in GM Somwhere CTS is obviously just a malibu with plastic saturn panels. As said before the XLR is a vette with a hard top. GM is just good at making things cheaper while "starting a revolution" making a big scene and then throwing the public some fish and watch them slap their fins together.

Please !!! Lincoln is just silly because they build cars the old way. No one expects cadillac to start from the ground up because they always appease the public. But lincoln on the other hand has to start from scratch and do it perfectly. (ie the aviator is actually as expensive as the navi but they made it look alike so it looks like its a stamped copy, but all the parts have to be rebuilt with smaller dimensions. But no one knows because they dont make a big scene about it) Thats because they do not hide their simple mistakes. (Which by the way is why I love my lincoln, try fixing a caddy and putting gas in it for 100 bucks a month).

Lincoln doesnt make a big scene with lots of smoke and lights then tell you they are building a 200 thousand dollar 20 cylinder version of the towncar then feed you something that looks like it with a quarter of the build quality and supposedly is the same thing but just for the masses. (ie the sixteen concept and then the rest of this redesign crap that comes out of cadillac).

I dont intend to buy a caddy either, ive worked on the CTS myself, and if that interior is supposed to be expensive give me a cavalier and ill put the engine in myself.

Anyway sorry for the rant, excellent topic whoever started it. Great conversating with you all. RANT ON FELLAS!!!!! :Beer :Beer

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Joey, it is obvious we missed one thing on the board.

We need a board certified psychologist to serve the members on the board. What do you guys think? About $20/hour, we can send you into a chat room and you can have it out with a clinical pysho. LOL.

Good to see people starting to express themselves. The problem with Lincoln is they continue to look at the demographics which tell them they can't sell cool cars. They are right. They can't sell cool until they act cool and make cool.

hmm I'll have to ponder that thought, I know I could use one around from time to time.
I think Lincoln is getting the message -- albeit slowly. The Zepyhr may be an indication that they want to draw younger, less affluant owners and milk them up to the TC's and Navs

I know, when I bought my first Lincoln -- from that moment on, I wont drive a car of less quality. I might go to caddy, but Ill never go to ford...... just doesnt stack up anymore. I would rather ahve a 5 yr old caddy or lincoln then a new ford or chevy. I want the luxury - period.

watchflair said:
Oh, I think we all know that Lincoln is being left behind as far as fore running new rides is going. The LS was supposed to have a McLaren version, that would have been incredible like the CTS-V but that never came to happen. Then the Aviator? What the hell is that? All of Lincolns vehicles look stamped out of a mold--the Aviator is a small Navigator and the previous Blackwood was an F150 with Navigator lights. It is sooo obvious now more than ever that there is a market for performance luxury cars-either sedan or coupe. Cadillac has taken the lead with the new XLR and the CTS-V and sooo many various and different SUV's that they put out. The LS could be soo much more than it is.

What the hell is the "Aviator"?

I can tell you this, its a friggin ROCKETSHIP!!

We have 2 of these in our camp and they fly!!

Bone stock this little beast went 14.94 @96 mph!!!!!!!!!!!

It truly is a wicked little truck that no one even glances at the light at.

Hemi powered SUV!! You have to Love it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back