B Pillar Inserts

shltn

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a white '00 LS V8 Sport. I was wanting the pillar inserts, but I am torn on the black or carbon fiber. What is everyone's opinion? There is a slight dent on the driver's door pillar, I guess someone got me in a parking lot. Will these cover it up?

I think the CF would real look nice on a white LS. Someone around here has a white LS with CF B Pillars. I'm sure they will post the pic.

Here ya go...

The Lincoln Logo is an applique so you don't have to have it there.

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

Those look great! Do you think they would cover up the dent or would they form into it?

Those look very nice, Steve. What is the material? Is it a plastic sheet, or is it metal? And where did you get the Lincoln Logo?

Shltn, concealing the existing dent will depend on the material the pillar covers are made from. The ones Lincoln sells are designed to be swapped for the stock ones, so in your case you would remove the dented covers and replace them with new ones. Steve's, however, may be simple carbon fiber looking sheeting. In that case, its conceivable to maybe fill in the dent with some body compound, smooth it out, and put the sheeting over it. I believe LSKoncepts sells these:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-ls-bpillar-inserts-p-26.php

Those look very nice, Steve. What is the material? Is it a plastic sheet, or is it metal? And where did you get the Lincoln Logo?

Shltn, concealing the existing dent will depend on the material the pillar covers are made from. The ones Lincoln sells are designed to be swapped for the stock ones, so in your case you would remove the dented covers and replace them with new ones. Steve's, however, may be simple carbon fiber looking sheeting. In that case, its conceivable to maybe fill in the dent with some body compound, smooth it out, and put the sheeting over it. I believe LSKoncepts sells these:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/store/lincoln-ls-bpillar-inserts-p-26.php
The material is REAL carbon fiber that is on an 1/8" thick piece of material. It will hide small dings but not huge dents. The pillar is not metal but it is rigid.

Todd, I sent the Lincoln logo to Steve when he bought the pillars from me. I have those if you need some.

depends on the B-pillars.. i know the chrome ones could cover the dent if u get a good brand and not the cheap stickers.. depend son what u get..

It depends on what color your LS is and how sporty you want it to look. I have always been partial to the carbon fiber.

I think the carbon fiber headlight eyebrows are a great complement to the carbon fiber B pillar overlays.

I have seen that most of the B pillar overlays are held on by 3-M double stick adhesive. How will this hold up to the weather? Is it something that is going to have to be reapplied every year or so?

I have seen that most of the B pillar overlays are held on by 3-M double stick adhesive. How will this hold up to the weather? Is it something that is going to have to be reapplied every year or so?
Trust me. The 3M adhesive they put on the b-pillars is very strong. I had the carbon fiber b-pillars on my LS for 2.5 years with no problems.

would the carbon fiber look out of place on the black LS? I wonder if they would just look grey?

I need to order this week, so please help.

Ken, you need to send me paypal link still.

would the carbon fiber look out of place on the black LS? I wonder if they would just look grey?

I need to order this week, so please help.

Ken, you need to send me paypal link still.
I think the carbon fiber would look better than the black IMHO. I sent you another email.

Members online

No members online now.
Back