B&M (ratchet?) shifter?

It should fit (81001), you'll most likely have to mod the console for it to fit though and figure out if/how to bolt it down. The OD button is on the base of it. It doesn't come with a cable so you'll need to make yours work (I don't know how different it is from the AODE cable, but I know others have this working on a 4R70W.)

Find a translator on look at this page:
http://www.mundomustang.com/foro/index.php?topic=4755.0

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k307/skyline746/?action=view&current=MVI_0523.flv

I dunno, try it out and let us know :cool:

I looked up the part on summit (81001) and it lists for both the AODE and 4R70W.

I wonder if this would work better in a 2nd Gen console vs a 1st gen.

it wont matter what console you use, the area around the shifter in a 1st and 2nd gen console is pretty much the same, but a 2nd gen console will not mate up to the dash in a 1st gen if you try it, where the console meets the dash, a 2nd gen cosole is about an inch shorter then a 1st gen. either way you are gonna have to butcher the console to fit a ratchet shifter in there.

it wont matter what console you use, the area around the shifter in a 1st and 2nd gen console is pretty much the same, but a 2nd gen console will not mate up to the dash in a 1st gen if you try it, where the console meets the dash, a 2nd gen cosole is about an inch shorter then a 1st gen. either way you are gonna have to butcher the console to fit a ratchet shifter in there.

I was hoping you would respond. I was acually lookin at this shifter, and I think I might be able to make it fit in the console (gen 1). I might have to trim the non-wood portion of the piece around the shifter. What do you think?

100_0732.jpg

100_0687.jpg

hey... that might not be such a bad idea.. if you can figure out how to do such a mod... make a post on how to do it..

imagine if you add an AODE tranny to the mark viii or an AOD with lock-up converter and have an automatic/manual valve body... woohoo boy that would be a fun ride.. manually shifting the gears..

ah just like my 72 stang w/ a C4 n manual valvebody.. 3 gears none shifting automatically at all ... thats a fun ride

"manually shifting the gears"
isnt that what a standard trans is for? if you want to manually shift, you put in a manual trans, who the hell wants to constantly manual shift an automatic in a street car, thats no good for the street, maybe on the track sure but pretty stupid for a street driven car.

MERCEDES BENZ and many others have offered manual shifted automatics for years. Ford of Australia offers a ZF manual/auto that will bolt up to the modular engine. Lots of people want control instead of being stuck with the lousy response of the factory box. I cant wait to see how this turns out. If it fits without too much butchering I will change in a second.

Damn. I wasn't planning on lookin into this until at least late summer....
now I feel rushed. :D

The modern day automatics with man shift mode also have a fully auto mode. I think for the track that would be an awesome mod but not the street IMHO.

If you can get it to fit nice then I agree that it will look neato, but that's it. It won't be any different from manually shifting your trans now.

Its just for looks. We installed many a Hurst 1/4 Sticks and you have to use a NOS button handle to activate the OD.

Members online

No members online now.
Back