AX4N tranny problems

crazyhorse357

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem that I am having, the tranny in my car seems to drop out of gear when I come to a complete stop, this occures after the fluid is completely warm, also it does not want to pull in reverse, tranny was just rebuilt about 31/2 months ago, started doing this lately, cost me $1000 for rebuild and don't have the money to do it over, and yes, it is out of warranty (90 days) , I got my hands on a service bulletin that says the forward piston does not seal in this transmission on occasion, Lincoln offers a list of parts that costs $160, I called Lincoln and argured with them that if the tranny had a design flaw then Lincoln should at least give me the parts t repair it with, the lady on the phone said as much as she sympathized with me there was absoultly nothing that Lincoln could or would do, here was not enough complaints for a recall, if any of you have had this problem I would like you to call the Lincoln line and complain, the number is 1-800-521-4140, maybe if enough people complain something can be done, if nothing else we can worry the hell out of them.
Thank you all for your assistance,
crazyhorse357

Hi Bear

This is a prime example of trying to find the cheapest way out, the same guy rebuilt the tranny in my 88 Bronco II and it has been doing great, so I figured why not let him do this one too, big mistake, after some post rebuild researce I found out the difference between the two trannys is apples and guided missles, not oranges, I just didn't know how hi-tech the AX4N is, I ordered and received a Ford service manual on my car and 1/3 of the manual is devoted to the AX4N. So all I can do is suffer.

sorry to hear that. hopefully something can be figured out... I have heard of some places/ppl stretching the warranties on some stuff a little... have you inquired??? maybe even make a little bit of a 'stink' about it... ya never know.

Now, I am not suggesting going postal on them.... Just show them your upset, they might bend some.. you may not get entire thing under warranty, but if they cover some, it will be a bit help!

It ain't over

Thanks Bear,
For the moral support, the guy works in a one man shop, this is his only source of income, plus he's in a small town, word gets around, I don't think he can afford a dissatisified customer, especially one as vocal as I can be, and if that don't work there's always oher options, of course their on the extream side, but if push comes to shove, ya gota do whatcha gota do, for someone in my economic situation $ 1000 is a lot of money that I am not willing to just write off.
You know what I mean ????

Members online

No members online now.
Back