Awe $hit...

Jayce 1971

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Was cruizin' on Sunday...temps in the mid 60's. Out on the empty fourlanes. Got up to speed (65), set the c/c. All of the sudden, the motor starts missing, check engine light starts flashing. Did some experimentation. Doesn't miss under moderate acceleration, doesn't miss under no load, or intown driving. Only under light load at speed:confused: :confused: :confused: Then the check engine light stayed on. I'm afraid I'll be the next victim of quality blue oval engineering, (headgasket or COP) I'm guessing. Appt with Ford dealer tommorow morning, to check codes. Wish her luck:rolleyes:

Bring it to AutoZone and get the codes read for free first and see what it says before shelling out money for the dealer to do it. Or see if your local repair shop would do it for you for less money.

Good luck!

Thanks, guys

Yeah, forgot that autozone has a scanner. Didn't make the appt this morning. I'll stop at AZ this afternoon. On a different note, going in for a skin graft tommorow. Was running a cnc vertical mill, (Komo), and a kid on a forklift lost control of his load, and dumped a bunch of steel plates (3/4") on my leg. Ripped the skin off my left calf. That was mid Dec. 60 stitches, and 2 weeks later, was back to work. Worked 2 weeks, and the tear got infected. Wasn't getting circulation. Anyway, surgery last wed. (debriment), and graft tommorow. Ain't life grand. Work comp in KS sucks a$$, at 2/3 normal wage, after a (qualifying) week. That's a non-union job for ya. I'm still a teamster, but had to take a machinist job, as there weren't any driving jobs available. C'est la vie.

#2 cylinder misfire

The flashing "check engine" light came up as #2 cylinder misfire, according to autozone scanner. Been wondering what that damn "burning smell" upon startup was, and I'm guessing the headgasket is leaking oil into cyl #2 spark plug and coil, heating up, and eventually burning off. I'll check under the spark plug covers once I get back on my feet. Of course, I'll pull the plug and check it, but guessing from the board it's gonna be the COP, and the gasket.

Members online

No members online now.
Back