Aviator problem

MikeB

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
One of the guys I work with just bought a brand new 04 Aviator (under 500 miles) and the steering wheel shakes pretty bad around 70 mph. He still has less than 3k on it and has been into the shop at least three times. The worst part is that the shaking is intermittent so the dealer probably thinks he’s nuts but I’ve driven it and if I had spent @ 40k on that thing I would be looking for a soft tree to run it into.

So far they have changed the tires and rims and “made some adjustments.”

I kind of told him ford makes a good product, so I feel bad.

If you have any ideas before I suggest the messy business of Lemon Laws let me know.

I know there is a service bulletin for those trucks for the reverse banging, and hard shifts. The program number is 04B22, but as far as the vibrations that reminds me of the old explorers.

Dont feel bad, ford does make a good product just has terrible service. If you have to go into lemon laws, go for it i have a friend who had to get a lawyer and a new windstar because of ford.

It can be fixed!!!!

I had same thing with my new 04 aviator. - Only difference is I have a great dealer.

their mechanic dissassemble the front end, trued the rotors, and reassembled everything carefully and re-aligned the front end. Not sure just what did it, but it's been smooth as silk for the last 7000 miles.

Members online

Back