Auxillary input Adapter??

Tony7781

LVC Member
Reaction score
I am trying to connect my Zune player to my factory '03 LS stock radio with a 6 cd-changer. Can someone recommend an adapter to use? All the ones I see, it appears they eliminate the use of your cd-changer. I would like to use both if possible?

I have used this FM modulator in MANY cars where the IPOD connection or external harnesses were not available. It works very well and even being in a large city, the signal will not get broken up by other radio stations.

Looks like the FM modulator is the only way to go in the 03 cars with the in-dash 6 CD changer. I use it with my iPod (which isn't very often these days).

So your saying there is no auxiliary input adapter for the '03 LS with a 6-cd changer? I find that hard to believe? The FM Transmitter is horrible quality and too bulky.

Does anyone have a picture of the back of the stock radio for the '03 LS with the 6 cd-changer? This would be very helpful

There's pictures in the link I posted :confused:

The pictures show the serial number which is the same serial number as the one in my car.

Ok about the THX systems? Anyone have experience with that? I asked in the other thread and have looked around with no luck....

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=3353

Will any of those work? I just found it on Google.
I spent a lot of time researching this as I was sick of my modulator. I have a 2003 LS with the factory radio (THX, Nav). I finally settled on the FRD03 PC-POD2 from www.PIE.net, actually purchased from enfig car stereo. All the documentation says that this adapter will not work for 2003 with in dash 6CD, however I took my radio out to verify connections (16 pin CDDJ and 24 pin power). I also bought a wiring diagram for the radio as one additional check and finally called PIE to verify what they thought. Bottomline, it works and what's nice is because it is a passthrough cable, you don't have to disconnect your CD player. Install is very easy aside from trying to get the darn thing back in there withought disturbing the connections. Very little space back there. 20 minute job took about 2 hours. 1.5 hours literally taking the radio in and out to adjust the wires to fit after tightening the screws. Kept losing the connection. Well worth the time. Sound is incredible. Good luck.

Members online

Back