auxiliary input for 2006 lincoln ls

cleve98

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi i have a 2006 lincoln ls I would like to know is there a auxiliary input that would work for my radio so can play music from ipod or mp3...any suggestions thnk you.

i wish the "start new thread" button secretly put their thread title in google search... imagine the possibilities!!!

BTW Welcome cleve98

i wish the "start new thread" button secretly put their thread title in google search... imagine the possibilities!!!

BTW Welcome cleve98

It *does* link to related posts at the bottom. I actually found my answer that way once... I searched and searched, gave up, posted, then got my answer from an 8 year old thread in the "similar" section. Kinda the same

It would be nice to read a thread that when a question is asked that someone would give an answer, instead of comment after comment telling people to search

It would be nice to read a thread that when a question is asked that someone would give an answer, instead of comment after comment telling people to search

Just search some more, you'll find plenty of them.
(Of course, if more people would search before posting a common question, the threads with the answers would be much easier to find.)

That would be fine if the asker checked out the stickies. Answering the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over....... Gets old quickly. It also clogs up the search results. I just searched this site for "overheating" and got 500 pages. Same with "coils". I'm sure "wheels" would elicit the same overabundance of results.

That would be fine if the asker checked out the stickies. Answering the same question over and over and over and over and over and over and over....... Gets old quickly. It also clogs up the search results. I just searched this site for "overheating" and got 500 pages. Same with "coils". I'm sure "wheels" would elicit the same overabundance of results.

i'm a mod myself on another board so i know how much of a PITA it can be, but if the mods here would just delete/consolidate/merge redundant threads, things would be much better IMO. in addition to having those stickies that address all the most common issues. i greatly appreciate this board but it is a bit of a cluster****.

Ah yes, the very ferry float, destination "Perfect World", when does it depart?

maybe we sticky a thread on why making new threads is a waste.... we almost have a tread inception!

agreed on a mod cleaning though!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that to have mods that care, you're going to need a different car. I'm not saying that the mods are bad here, just that LvC is the home of outcast Lincoln models. This is a relatively unpopular site and doesn't warrant much cleaning, other than from the handful of regulars. Town Car guys have better luck at CrownVic, Cadillackers probably do much better on GM/Cadillac/LSx forums.

This site also isn't organized that well. If you look at the Taurus Club forums, it's organized by generation and category (maintenance, entertainment, drivetrain, etc), with a few stickies per section. Our stickies are a bit too vague and LvC's categories are about as specific as they can be for the lack of popularity.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that to have mods that care, you're going to need a different car. I'm not saying that the mods are bad here, just that LvC is the home of outcast Lincoln models. This is a relatively unpopular site and doesn't warrant much cleaning, other than from the handful of regulars. Town Car guys have better luck at CrownVic, Cadillackers probably do much better on GM/Cadillac/LSx forums.

This site also isn't organized that well. If you look at the Taurus Club forums, it's organized by generation and category (maintenance, entertainment, drivetrain, etc), with a few stickies per section. Our stickies are a bit too vague and LvC's categories are about as specific as they can be for the lack of popularity.

who are the admins? make me a mod and i'll clean some **** up. there are those of us who are active owners and care about this crap. for as much info is available on this site, it really ****ing sucks.

who are the admins? make me a mod and i'll clean some **** up. there are those of us who are active owners and care about this crap. for as much info is available on this site, it really ****ing sucks.

oh calm down... its not that bad. Our "LS" mod had been on a bit of a hiatus, i'm sure he'll be back soon :shifty:

Last I checked, (over a year ago), there were LS radios on "The Bay" with the 1/8" jack custom mounted in the front face of the radio. Gave it a nice "factory" look.

Last I checked, (over a year ago), there were LS radios on "The Bay" with the 1/8" jack custom mounted in the front face of the radio. Gave it a nice "factory" look.

Not to nitpick, but (at least at this point in time) I think "The Bay" is known more widely as The Pirate Bay, not eBay. If you DID mean Pirate Bay, well I'd love to know, so I can finally "Download a car" like the anti-piracy ad has been telling me I wouldn't do for the last 10 years.

For the record, you can technically download a car now if you have an accompanying 3D Printer

I always though "the Bay" was slang for San Fran?

I guess I'm not as down with the kids lingo as I used to be...

I'm sure that's well known locally, but for the rest of us who live outside the People's Republic of California...

Aaaaaand of course you don't live there yourself.

Anyway, so I think I may have bumped a wire or something on my remote start when doing my gauge cluster LEDs, because now my RS sets the alarm off instead of starting. I plugged up the chime-device and basically traded it for the horn like "listen you a$$hat, the chime was VERY IMPORTANT. You NEED to know the door is OPEN. Now instead of just you hearing this car's warning systems, your neighbors will too!"

Update: flip toggle switch one way- ignition on, PATS light blinks, no start, keeps ignition on, blinks parking lights as normal. Toggle the other way: ign on, alarm goes off and PATS light blinks, flashes parking lights. I'm guessng it tries to start during the second one. I'm also guessing I knocked the transponder bypass away from the transponder ring.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back