Aux video to nav screen

roncoinc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to replace the NAV video with with another source.
completely disable the useless built in gps display and use the screen for the radio and another video input like a cam.
no sound needed,simple vid in.
cut the vid in source for nav and replace wire with aux vid.
read there was a built in aux input but no further input on that.
saw some wiring diags but when enlarged unreadable.
there was a lot of great stuff concerning that area of the car with no longer available harnesses and such.
anybody done this or have a link or suggestions ?

thank you.

There is no built-in aux video in. For slightly more than the cost to replace the entire head unit with a modern one, you can buy a video adapter that will allow you an aux video source on the screen. (At least they used to make them, some may still be available.) Please note that the THX screen is 1/4 VGA and 8 bit color. Any video source is going to look bad on that screen.

If you search, you'll find a few threads on this very thing, but then I know you don't like old threads even when they are relevant and may lead you to the device you seek.

+1 on replacing.. even the $200 units will get you a better picture and more usability. (Price increases with additional options GPS,BT, etc.)

Oh but i did search and read,,how i found the wiring diags.
three hours this morning before i posted thank you.
old threads are very informative but technology advances quickly,,,look at the computer or phone you are on,,if it was ten years old you wouldnt be using it :)

" Please note that the THX screen is 1/4 VGA and 8 bit color. Any video source is going to look bad on that screen. "
That is a bit of info i have not seen and justifies not bothering to use the screen for anything else.
thank you.

the sound system and cd players works fault free and i like the screen for the radio controls.
now have to find something for my new 5in garmin screen location and backup cam always on screen and dashcam. ( lots i found on that ) :)

old threads are very informative but technology advances quickly,,,

but that's only when there is enough interest in something to make it worth the resources (money) to develop new technology, unfortunately with such a short run and few models built, the LS has never really had much development in aftermarket parts, and now that the far majority of them are now over a decade old, and more and more of them finding their way to the graveyard, what few part they did make have pretty much been discontinued. even parts needed to just keep the car on the road is getting impossible to find, there is no way somebody's gonna sink the kind of money into developing new products.

look at the computer or phone you are on,,if it was ten years old you wouldnt be using it :)

which is why we are trying to tell you the same thing!

Members online

Back