AUX Adapter

Eiben06

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright, I aplogise ahead of time, i know it has already been talked about but im looking for the aux adapter. I have a 06 LS with the 6 disc, everything i see says it wont work with 6 disc...help please. Thanks in advance.

I have PIE adapter set up, that is connected to my Ipod. Works great.

I looked into the solution provided by PAC. Their harness only works on the 00 - 03 models and does NOT work with any 6 CD Changers.... I have an 02 with a CD changer :(

Still looking for myself, saves me from having to buy a whole new deck.

Basically if you have a CD Changer you lose the ability to use the damned thing... and for the price of this you might as well just get a new deck. and get USB, Aux, Ipod tools built into the thing.

Eiben06 does not have the extra CD changer in the glove box, that was only 1st Gen LS's. In the 2nd Gen, you will still have all the features plus be able to connect up your Ipod. Opps, you will have to give up your satellite radio if equipped.

Eiben06 does not have the extra CD changer in the glove box, that was only 1st Gen LS's. In the 2nd Gen, you will still have all the features plus be able to connect up your Ipod. Opps, you will have to give up your satellite radio if equipped.

The 6 CD Changer I have is in the headunit itself.

I have the PIE FRDN-AUX unit in my '00 LS with the in-dash changer. With the help of a couple of "Y" cords I have my satellite and an ipod input. I can't run them both at the same time, but who would?

I looked into the solution provided by PAC. Their harness only works on the 00 - 03 models and does NOT work with any 6 CD Changers.... I have an 02 with a CD changer :(

Still looking for myself, saves me from having to buy a whole new deck.

Basically if you have a CD Changer you lose the ability to use the damned thing... and for the price of this you might as well just get a new deck. and get USB, Aux, Ipod tools built into the thing.

I bought an Aux input that lets me use both. Basically, there's a small switch that allows you to change between the cd changer and another couple inputs. I mounted the switch underneath the gas cover and trunk buttons. I know this isnt much help because i no longer remember the name of the company that made it... but it does exist!! So keep looking.

Edit: After doing some searching, i think the product i purchased was something like this: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundaux3.html
you would still have to find the accompanying cable to go with it though.

I bought an Aux input that lets me use both. Basically, there's a small switch that allows you to change between the cd changer and another couple inputs. I mounted the switch underneath the gas cover and trunk buttons. I know this isnt much help because i no longer remember the name of the company that made it... but it does exist!! So keep looking.

Edit: After doing some searching, i think the product i purchased was something like this: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundaux3.html
you would still have to find the accompanying cable to go with it though.

Like I said, after grabbing an Aux Box, wires, adapter harnesses and everything. You might as well grab a new Head unit that already has all the features for the same price.

Like I said, after grabbing an Aux Box, wires, adapter harnesses and everything. You might as well grab a new Head unit that already has all the features for the same price.

You could maybe pick up a single din unit for that much, but i never liked how the single din head units look in an LS. The way i see it, you either go stock or double din. And don't forget with any head unit you buy, you have to pick up the housing, and wiring harness for them to work.

Crutchfield has MANY options for you to choose from with all the installation gear and adapters for free. Plus, almost 95% of the stuff on there is free shipping.

Members online

Back