auto windsheild wipers

newnanls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: my auto wipers dont work worth a crap ive read the other posts and everyone elses seem to work and some work but real weird like but mine dont work at all, wut could be wrong with that? were is the sensor at that lets in know my window is wet? or wut else could it be? help me out it bugs the crap out me!!

i know the sensor for it is rite behind the rear view mirror inside the car... its that yellowy orange light that lights up when your car is on and you are looking at it from the outside... check that... i dunno much else about it but im sure other will pop in soon with answers... only other thing i can say, is your auto wipers thing on? on the little switchy thing on the steering wheel?

when i select INT then auto will that yellow light be on if i look for it or does it just blink or something when there activated by moisture?

newnanls said:
when i select INT then auto will that yellow light be on if i look for it or does it just blink or something when there activated by moisture?

I never knew this. My just wipes very intermittenly, without rain. maybe it's broken?

yes when on INT and auto the little light will be on all the time, if you press your finger over it the wipers will wipe. I love my auto wipers, dont know how I lived without them

Cruznlife1 said:
yes when on INT and auto the little light will be on all the time, if you press your finger over it the wipers will wipe. I love my auto wipers, dont know how I lived without them

Where is this light?:eek:

Dude, I looked all around, couldn't find it. The book says, (if equiped) then states who to seet it. I set it and it wipes intermitenly on auto. How can I find out if my car is equiped?

Stand in front of your car (outside) and look at your rear view mirror. It's in front of it. It's a black box, about 2"x3" big and it has 2 square lights on them. The lights turn yellowish orange when you turn on ignition and if you have them set properly.....INT and Auto.

Mine works great......bay area weather been sucking it lately...all good though, snow in tahoe.

haha that answers why you couldnt see the light flashin, because i was startin to wonder how you werent able to see it... sorry man

but why would he have the "auto" option if it wasn't equipped originally? Maybe the switch was replaced? Something seems fishy here...

"k was entering the garage today to go to work and the light hit the rear view mirror just right, (I HAVE A YELLOW LIGHT ON THE REAR VIEW MIRROR), I thought kewl maybe the light bulb is out, tried the auto and int and the wipers intermiently wipe. Are there suppose to be wires coming off the mirror? I felt up in the headliner by the lights and didn't feel any. Why put a mirror with the light if it isn't going to work?

YOU CAN'T SEE IT FROM IN THE CAR. I can see it in the middle of a sunny day, just look at the rear view mirror from outside the car, just below the mirror. You can only see it from the outside. YOu can't miss it at night.

That is what I ment, I was coming into the garage and saw it through the front windshield. (a led bulb on the back of the mirror) I do not have anything connected to it though. I saw a post where someone took a pic of it. (they have wires and a black box attached) I do have some kind of line on the windshield under the mirror where it looked like something was there perviously.

Staff online

Members online

Back