Auto Cool PWM Fan Controller

Everybody's a critic, I know. That said, it looks like it is too close to the radiator to let the airflow spread out. I think you could get a lot more airflow through the radiator if the shroud and fan where a few more inches from the surface of the radiator.
I'm no expert on airflow, but I recently had a project where we had to keep a large LCD cool when exposed to sunlight. We did a lot of experiments with fan size and placement using smoke and temperature probes. I would not have believed the different it made putting the fan on a two inch riser.

This has a 3/4'' rise off the radiator. Tested and no more overheating. Can barely even hear that Spal fan run. So quiet it sounds like a buzz sound after turning the car off and the controller allowing it to run 1 minute.

This has a 3/4'' rise off the radiator. Tested and no more overheating. Can barely even hear that Spal fan run. So quiet it sounds like a buzz sound after turning the car off and the controller allowing it to run 1 minute.
Very nice my friend! Keeping an open mind with the shroud/housing you came to a positive conclusion ...crossing my fingers that this keeps working over time and into the future ... Keep us posted of the performance... Great job!

Definitely interested in the long term with this one. Have a first gen that about to go back through the cooling system and change out the way pump, aux pump, and DCCV. Was thinking about upgrading to an electric fan. But I thought they drained the battery.

Last time I had an electric fan was on my hot-rodded '63 F100. Had a 397 CID FE engine with a 60 amp alternator, EFI, MSD ignition and a few other electric goodies. Never had a problem with running out of electric power or the alternator not being able to keep up.

KS

Last time I had an electric fan was on my hot-rodded '63 F100. Had a 397 CID FE engine with a 60 amp alternator, EFI, MSD ignition and a few other electric goodies. Never had a problem with running out of electric power or the alternator not being able to keep up.

KS

I have had a bunch of dumb cars and trucks that had zero problems keeping up.
85 blazer with enough CB crap to talk to astronauts.
Put a crown vic electric fan and shroud on my 69 Dart, fit perfectly. Only had a 318 but that sumbitch would move. Hell up until this point seems like I had to re-engineer at least one thing on whatever I was driving to improve it.

Unfortunately this smart alternator doesn't know how dumb it is. It does one thing, one way and doesn't like change in the system.

Actually I'm looking to put some Jag R suspension on this next summer so I guess I'm still re-engineering stuff.

Definitely interested in the long term with this one. Have a first gen that about to go back through the cooling system and change out the way pump, aux pump, and DCCV. Was thinking about upgrading to an electric fan. But I thought they drained the battery.

Its still going strong. I did have to replace the temp sensor once already but it was under warranty. Not sure what went wrong there but bought a spare along with the free replacement.

Members online

Back