auto climate seats for 03+

beaups

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
this may be in the manual, but I never saw it. anyhow accidentally hit the heat and cool buttons at the same time for my drivers seat and word "auto" shows up with a picture of the seat and it automatically turns on the heat/cool based on something (not sure). anyhow real advantage is this feature stays on so you guys with remote starters your seats will automatically start heating or cooling when you start the car. just an fyi

Yep, it's in the manual. When you put the seat in auto mode, it gets tied to the car's climate control system, so when the HVAC is heating, the seat will be heating, and when the HVAC is cooling, the seat will be cooling.

I read my manual a couple times and never saw that. Wondering if since I have a VERY early 03 they missed that....will have to double check.

It's on page 87 (Passenger Seat) and 88-90 (Driver Seat) of the 2004 LS Owner's Manual. Dunno about the '03 Owner's Manual. It's in the climate controls section; the Passenger Seat section is included below:
Automatic heated/cooled passenger seat: To engage, press the
passenger side heat and cool seat controls simultaneously. The center
light above the passenger side heated and cooled controls will illuminate
and the display will show . This allows the seat to automatically heat
or cool based on the climate control temperature selected. Press either
control to disengage.

beaups said:
I read my manual a couple times and never saw that. Wondering if since I have a VERY early 03 they missed that....will have to double check.

No, its there... you just missed it. :D

See pages 75 and 76 under "Automatic Heated/Cooled Driver/Passenger Seat"

Sweeeeettt... I did not know that ethier.

ummm yeah I read the manual (not) =) I figured I just read everything here for the cool tricks lol

damn! something new!

so this stays on auto all the time? So when i turn the car off and restart at a later time, the seats will be on?

One of the little nitpicks i had about the car is the seat heating/cooling doesn't stay set the way you had it when you last shut the car off, so if this solves that, GREAT!

yup it does as long as you leave your heat or AC on or whatever

Members online

Back