Audio wiring help?

izackary

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I am attempting a homemade aux in to replace my annoying cd changer. Would anyone who has access mind looking up the pinouts and diagrams for a '96 LSC with the JBL cassette + CDDJ system? It has Head unit part no. F5LF-19B165-AH, CD changer F6LF-18C830-AA, and amplifier F5LF-18CO7-AA. Back when I had my Mazda, I was able to do this by shorting a pin to ground and plugging audio signal into the satellite radio tuner connector. I hope to have similar luck here...

Thanks!

Seems to me it would be less troublesome just to get a factory CD head unit or an aftermarket head unit. When I had my '96 my CD changer crapped out and I got a factory Ford CD head unit. Easy peasy.

Thanks! Those look very useful. I will refer to that when I get back to my notes.

Seems to me it would be less troublesome just to get a factory CD head unit or an aftermarket head unit. When I had my '96 my CD changer crapped out and I got a factory Ford CD head unit. Easy peasy.

That is my long term goal. Right now cash is tight, besides it's fun. Since my power antenna quit on me, I also plan to leave that P.O.S. down and utilize the cellular antenna for FM, if performance is adequate. All that uses is a slip-
on F connector.

EDIT: Does anyone have the pinouts of the connector(s) at the head unit (double-din only)? Specifically the 16-pin?

Members online

No members online now.
Back