audio system install

RustyBaker

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am finally putting woofers in my car. I got two 12's and a 1000 watt amp. gonna sound sick. im gonna put it in my self and i was wondering if any one else who has done the same can give me some pointers. Do you need to drill the firewall or is there a way to get the cable through the engine compartment. can you use a path from the stock amp? main down the drivers side and rca and lead down the center or passenger? and last but not least how to get through the back seat. Has anyones subs messed up there car in ne way from the vibration? thanks

Theres another thread that has the info you are looking for in it. But incase you cant find the thread, you put the power wire through a rubber grommet that is in the firewall.

i drilled my own hole threw the firewall and used a grommet. run your rcas down the center, there are alot of wires running down both sides of the car.

If you can find the gromet in the firewall, go for it. I didn't have the patience for it, and I was not willing to drill a hole in the firewall.

I ran my power wire through the inside of my driver's side fender (and suspended it above the spash guard in the wheel well), then through one of the 2 plugged holes right above the door hinge, down the driver kick-panel, under the plastic guard by the door and under the back seat.

I ran my RCAs down the passenger side kick panel, and under the plastic cover on the floor and under the back seat.

I have a single RE SX12 in my trunk with a 1000 watt amp. It hasn't caused any damage to the car, but it does cause a few things make annoying rattling noises when I want to enjoy my music (like my rear-view mirror and the manual door lock buttons).

"I am finally putting woofers in my car. I got two 12's and a 1000 watt amp. gonna sound sick. im gonna put it in my self and i was wondering if any one else who has done the same can give me some pointers. Do you need to drill the firewall or is there a way to get the cable through the engine compartment."

This thread will answer a that
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=22981

"can you use a path from the stock amp?"

Not sure I understand this question. Are you asking if you can tap into the remote (or turn on) of the factory amp?

"main down the drivers side and rca and lead down the center or passenger?"

In this set up there will be no advantage to running the rca's down the center, just more work. I would run them down the passenger side. There is plenty of room to do this.

"and last but not least how to get through the back seat."

No need to get through the back seat. Remove the bottom half of the back seat, get in the trunk and shoot a hanger down into the cabin, go into the cabin attach the wire to the hanger, get back into the trunk and slowly pull through. You also could take out the whole back seat to do this.

"Has anyones subs messed up there car in ne way from the vibration?"

Not yet, but that is my goal!:D

if you want to use the remote turn on for the factory amp it wont work it is only a five volt signal so most aftermarket amps wont see it, just use the little wire that is in between the RCA cables, thats what it is there for so you wont have to run a sepperate wire from your head to your amp(s)

chickenviii said:
if you want to use the remote turn on for the factory amp it wont work it is only a five volt signal so most aftermarket amps wont see it,

Sure it will. All you need is a transistor and possibly a relay.

1993_M75 said:
Sure it will. All you need is a transistor and possibly a relay.
well yea if he knows how to that im talikng splicing into the wire which i think it is what he was lookin at doing

its not good for the RCAS to run that wire with them as the remote, a 12v current can disrupt the audio signal, i have 4 12" phoenix gold xmax's and a ppi pcx2350 1600watt rms running in my car, hittingn 155dB

Members online

No members online now.
Back