Audio Question

bobbyboura

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 96 sls Was woundering where to get a radio mounting kit for it at for my indash if any one knows it would be much appriciated

do a thourough search on this forum for audio advice. ive done a bunch of research and heard all the headaches of trying to replace the factory bose sytems. ive heard every nightmare from the car wont start to a professional install messed the car up. be carefull and do your homework. ive decided to replace my factory tape deck (yuck) with a factory cd player and avoid all the possible problems. this is not an easy car to replace the radio period. there are a lot of things that can go wrong. the factory wiring and systems are unique and parts are not easy to find and usually have to be modified to fit. crutchfield wont even attempt to sell you a system for this car. also dont go proding around with a test light, ive heard stories of computer problems after poing some random wires with a simple test light. there is a lot of existing info on this forum..even a link to how to install a new system (im too lazy to pull it up:shifty: ) personally ive given up and decided to keep a factory system...they sound great when they are fully functional...not gonna win any contests or anything but they do sound decent. good luck...if you find a simple solution to a stereo replacement or have total success...please let me know

if he has an SLS bose was optional and if he has the base delco system its actually a pretty easy swap...

as for a dash kit metra makes a dash kit i believe its called the Metra 99-2005?

Members online

No members online now.
Back