Audio Question

LennDawg

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
on my deck there is an "EQ Menu"... and inside it has tabs for the Lows, Mids, and Highs... and in each one you can put it has "1Wide", "1Narrow", "2Wide", or "2Narrow"... what is the difference between these, and where should i have it at? also different frequencies you can put it on, should i have it on a high frequency or low? i dont kno anything about that... any suggestions would be appreciated...

that is to fliter the sound that is produced through the spakers. I'm not familar with that unit, but if you have subwoofers you should have the low pass filter on the hu set around 125 hz. but it varies depending on your liking. The higher the frequency the more low notes the subs produce and hte less low notes the speakers produce.

LennDawg said:
on my deck there is an "EQ Menu"... and inside it has tabs for the Lows, Mids, and Highs... and in each one you can put it has "1Wide", "1Narrow", "2Wide", or "2Narrow"... what is the difference between these, and where should i have it at? also different frequencies you can put it on, should i have it on a high frequency or low? i dont kno anything about that... any suggestions would be appreciated...

The 1wide narrow etc....is called the Q. What this does is it takes the peak of the frequency that you are boosting and widens or narrows that peak. Picture an eq curve. Now say the top of that curve peaks at 125HZ, if the curve is wide you may be boosting from 95-155hz. If it is narrow, you may only be boosting from 115-135. There is no "right way" of setting the q, it is preference. So whatever frequency you are adjusting your Q at, just listen to the different sounds you get when adjusting them and you will be fine. I find that the Q adjustments are the least dramatic adjustments you will make. Hope that helps.

ya they are the least dramatic because i dont notice any major change in the sound... im just looking to get more vocals out of my music than bass, so obviously ill have the highs up the most and the mids the 2nd most, i was just unsure about the frequencies and the wide/narrow stuff

Members online

No members online now.
Back