Attn All Massachusetts & New Hampshire Owners

LSCPRINCESS

New LVC Member
Reaction score
:feed STOP MASS HOUSE BILL 1722
Massachusetts Bill to Ban the Sale/Installation of Aftermarket Exhaust Systems
Continues to Move through Legislature

Although we thought we had successfully stalled this bill in the Committee on Public Safety earlier this year, a bill (H.B. 1722) to ban the sale or installation of “an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust” continues to move though the Massachusetts Legislature. It remains an extremely damaging piece of legislation. IT MAY BE COMING UP FOR A VOTE VERY SHORTLY- PLEASE HELP!!!

After months of inactivity, H.B. 1722 was recently sent back to the Massachusetts House Rules Committee . If recommended for passage by this committee, the bill will be scheduled for a vote by the Massachusetts House of Representatives. It is PARAMOUNT that we act swiftly in force again to finally defeat this bill .

Please contact the Massachusetts Secretary of State's office at 617-727-2828 to find your local legislators. To find via the Internet: :http://www.wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.php

HOUSE BILL 1722 ARGUMENT:

• H.B. 1722 ignores the fact that aftermarket exhaust systems are designed to make vehicles run more efficiently without increasing emissions.

• H.B. 1722 does not supply law enforcement with a clear standard to enforce, allowing them to make subjective judgments on whether or not a modified exhaust system is in violation.

• H.B. 1722 fails to recognize that aftermarket exhaust systems offer increased performance, which can make a vehicle safer by improving its ability to merge, pass, travel uphill, etc.

• H.B. 1722 would make it difficult for hobbyists to replace factory exhaust systems with more durable, better performing options.

This bill tramples on the rights of vehicle enthusiasts in Massachusetts!!
CONTACT THE HOUSE RULES COMMITTEE TO OPPOSE HB 1722

ANGELO M. SCACCIA
Facsimile: 617-722-2846
E-Mail Address: Rep.AngeloScaccia@hou.state.ma.us
JAMES R. MICELI
Telephone: 617-722-2692 / Facsimile: 617-722-2846
E-Mail: Rep.JamesMiceli@hou.state.ma.us
ROBERT CORREIA
Telephone: (617) 722-2810 / Facsimile: 617-722-2197
E-Mail: Rep.RobertCorreia@hou.state.ma.us
SALVATORE F. DIMASI
Telephone: 617-722-2600 / Facsimile: 617-722-2313
E-Mail: Rep.SalvatoreDiMasi@hou.state.ma.us
THEODORE C. SPELIOTIS
Telephone: 617-722-2380
Email: Rep.TheodoreSpeliotis@hou.state.ma.us
THOMAS P. KENNEDY
Telephone: 617-722-2012 / Facsimile: 617-722-2922
E-Mail: Rep.ThomasKennedy@hou.state.ma.us
JOHN J. BINIENDA
Telephone: 617-722-2090 / Facsimile: 617-722-2848
E-Mail: Rep.JohnBinienda@hou.state.ma.us
VINCENT P. CIAMPA -Telephone: (617) 722-2430
LIDA E. HARKINS
Telephone: 617-722-2300 / Facsimile: 617-722-2750
E-Mail: Rep.LidaHarkins@hou.state.ma.us
ERIC TURKINGTON
Telephone: 617-722-2210
E-Mail: Rep.EricTurkington@hou.state.ma.us eturking@gis.net
BRUCE J. AYERS
Telephone: 617-722-2120
E-Mail: Rep.BruceAyers@hou.state.ma.us
SHAUN P. KELLY
Telephone: 617-722-2240 / Facsimile: 617-722-2837
E-mail: Rep.ShaunKelly@hou.state.ma.us
ELIZABETH A. POIRIER
Telephone: 617-722-2976 / Facsimile: 617-626-0108
E-Mail: Rep.ElizabethPoirier@hou.state.ma.us
PAUL K. FROST
Telephone: (617) 722-2489
E-Mail Address: Rep.PaulFrost@hou.state.ma.us

SUPPORT for Mass. HB 1722

I SUPPORT Mass. House Bill #1722 that would make it illegal to install loud exhaust systems!

OK, folks, I live on a busy street. Loud exhaust systems can drown out conversations or the telelvision in my living room. If you want a loud exhaust system, go ahead and install it, but just don't drive it where other people have to live.

A typical sedan passing by makes a whoosh, a whisper. Clearly, skillful mechanics and engineering have gone into a machine that can do that, especially a powerful machine that can run like a champion -- barely seeming to get out of breath. What kind of a machine cranks up the noise level to where people inside a house can be drowned out by the noise from the muffler? Sounds like it needs repair -- no finesse, not a winner.

Arlo

Usually a loud exhaust is the result of excessive acceleration. Sometimes I am interrupted late in the evening by a loud exhaust coming from a car that's speeding down my street. But if I get upset, it's normally due to the fact that the person is speeding down my street. The loud exhaust is often a warning that a speeding car is coming. I do understand that the noise can be very bothersome. But an arbitrary ban on all aftermarket exhaust systems seems extreme. That could just lead to more expensive exhaust systems installed by the factory. Perhaps some complaints to the local police department and your local government representatives by you and your neighbors will instigate a "crack down" on speeders on your street that will eliminate the speeders, which will basically eliminate the noise. That is unless there are a lot of Harley Davidson riders in your area. :biggrin:

Arlo said:
I SUPPORT Mass. House Bill #1722 that would make it illegal to install loud exhaust systems!

OK, folks, I live on a busy street. Loud exhaust systems can drown out conversations or the telelvision in my living room. If you want a loud exhaust system, go ahead and install it, but just don't drive it where other people have to live.

A typical sedan passing by makes a whoosh, a whisper. Clearly, skillful mechanics and engineering have gone into a machine that can do that, especially a powerful machine that can run like a champion -- barely seeming to get out of breath. What kind of a machine cranks up the noise level to where people inside a house can be drowned out by the noise from the muffler? Sounds like it needs repair -- no finesse, not a winner.

Arlo

:eek2: :mad: What do you drive, a Toyota Echo???

Members online

No members online now.
Back