Attention LS owners Forscan is a must have app!!

RockLSonDubz

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few different ODB2 programs like Torque and the Fordscan app among others
;but Forscan beats them all hands down!
These guys have really made talking to the car more than a headache and their software seems to be talking to all the units in the vehicle not just simple ODB2 codes.
I haven't had the chance to go through it thoroughly yet ;but have decided to mount a laptop in my car just so I can get the full version working on Windows.
They do have a Lite version for Android ;but the Windows program is where it's at!!!
There may be a way to use something like Wine to be able to use the Windows app on Android ;but that's not the route I've gone.
After many headaches dealing with trying to read the ODB2 port with a Bluetooth
device I decided to get a USB device with the MS-can/HS-can switch after reading the forums and seeing the high success these units have, I'm actually hoping Forscan will allow me to program key fobs on my Gen 1 LS as I can see the software is communicating with the DDM module and from what I've been told this is the module you need to talk to in order to program Fobs.
They also have PATS communication and from what little I've read PATS programming is possible with the software.
I looked a little bit for anyone talking about the newer functions of Forscan and haven't seen anything so I started a thread.
The Windows program is free and an extended license can be got for free if it's requested directly from the creators, who are very active on their forums.
If anyone has more experience with the Windows version of the software than I please
drop some advice or information for LS owners as this seems to be the most in depth program of it's kind and blows simple ODB2 programs like Torque out of the water!

I've tried a few different ODB2 programs like Torque and the Fordscan app among others
;but Forscan beats them all hands down!
These guys have really made talking to the car more than a headache and their software seems to be talking to all the units in the vehicle not just simple ODB2 codes.
I haven't had the chance to go through it thoroughly yet ;but have decided to mount a laptop in my car just so I can get the full version working on Windows.
They do have a Lite version for Android ;but the Windows program is where it's at!!!
There may be a way to use something like Wine to be able to use the Windows app on Android ;but that's not the route I've gone.
After many headaches dealing with trying to read the ODB2 port with a Bluetooth
device I decided to get a USB device with the MS-can/HS-can switch after reading the forums and seeing the high success these units have, I'm actually hoping Forscan will allow me to program key fobs on my Gen 1 LS as I can see the software is communicating with the DDM module and from what I've been told this is the module you need to talk to in order to program Fobs.
They also have PATS communication and from what little I've read PATS programming is possible with the software.
I looked a little bit for anyone talking about the newer functions of Forscan and haven't seen anything so I started a thread.
The Windows program is free and an extended license can be got for free if it's requested directly from the creators, who are very active on their forums.
If anyone has more experience with the Windows version of the software than I please
drop some advice or information for LS owners as this seems to be the most in depth program of it's kind and blows simple ODB2 programs like Torque out of the water!
Whats the name ofthe bluetooth connector your using ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back