Attention all lefties.

mach8 said:
Drums, beat their drums. Get a set of kettle drums, stand out from the crowd.
Personally, I like the cowbell. :headbang:

mach8 said:
But getting down to earth it's like a country road. Stay somewhere near the center and you'll get down the road OK, get to far off to the left or the right and you end up in the ditch. Are the folks you're listening to whinning from a ditch? Better to turn them off.

That's the point!!! It's the middle where 66% of the population will be!

If politicians would work to the middle instead of the extremes they'd be with the people not the special interests!!!

but but but....its never going to happen, because you have to have two distinct characters to vote for, otherwise its just a toss up, and the polititions (remember, cant spell) arent willing to spend millions for a toss up, they need to stimmulate a base, including the middle...becasue even if you are middle road...you still have a tendency to go either way. they dont want just the 66% of people neandering aarround and just doing an enie menie miney mo in the booths, they need more of a fervent base to energise the election. a few more cents of me

Then it would be nice if they'd give us someone worth voting for!!

Put if this way Half the people of the US didn't want Bush and Half didn't want Kerry!

That doesn't say too much for either!! And doesn't say much for what we've got!

Oh that's right I'll have to hear Bryan tell me about the Mandate!!

mespock said:
That's the point!!! It's the middle where 66% of the population will be!

If politicians would work to the middle instead of the extremes they'd be with the people not the special interests!!!

This is twice in one week that we agree Rich...what the heck is going on...

Oh and while were constructing this Utopia in our minds do you thing we could make my LS run on used beer too...

mespock said:
Then it would be nice if they'd give us someone worth voting for!!

Put if this way Half the people of the US didn't want Bush and Half didn't want Kerry!

That doesn't say too much for either!! And doesn't say much for what we've got!

Oh that's right I'll have to hear Bryan tell me about the Mandate!!

exactly my point, they ran exactly the same platform, with minor exceptions, thats why people voted the way they did, becasue people didnt have anyone to choose from...just the name of a party. thats why there was such a big get out the vote effort....like the vote or die episode...that was goofey.

It doesn't matter who is the most popular in the US. The only thing that matters is what is most popular AMONG THOSE WHO VOTE. Since a large % of voters tend to vote along there party's line due to cranial rectosis a candidate needs to excite people who don't normaly vote and those who are uncommited.

exactly what the get out the vote thing was....btw, nice one with the cranial rectosis :)

I thought we got out the vote and that would led to a landslide for the Democrats with all the disenfranchised voters out there? Humm. Maybe the brainwashing from the left is no longer as effective as it once was. People are starting to see the light. They came out to vote, just not enough wackos for Kerry I guess.

Did you hear the Nokia Cell Phone CEO the other day. Americaas move the right endangers the free enterprise system. I hope people boycott those morons so the guy learns not to bite the hand that feeds him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Democrats for some reason seem to think minorities will automaticaly vote for them. They seem to ignore the fact that the majority of minorities(?), especially hispanics, tend to be rather conservsative as well as fairly religeous.

Outside of the U.S. and the "western countries", "gays" are not very well thought of and are targets of discrimination and violence, and "women's rights" are a novel concept.

So just because they sneak into the U.S., fail to learn the language, and want to live like they did in the turd world country they came from, why would they suddenly become all liberal? Except of course where it puts a free buck in their pocket.

Why do you think that when Republicans put people like Clarence Thomas on the Supreme Court, Colin Powell as Secretary of State, Condi Rice now Secretary, they call these people Uncle Toms. All the left cares about is keeping people down so that they have to turn to the government for support.

The right on the other hand wants to give a hand up, not a hand out. That is the major difference in the parties. One believes in the ability of people to manage their own destiny, the other party tries to convince you that you are worthless and can't do a thing on your own without the government's help and that the government is better suited to take control of your money and dole it back out to you as they see fit.

And that's the cold, hard reality.

Alas, some people are worthless and need big brother, some people are helpless without someone to watch out for them. Some sort of balance needs to be achieved instead of this swinging from one extreme to the other. To many folks want "my way or the highway". When you have it all that means someone else has nothing, and they can't live like that.

mach8 said:
The Democrats for some reason seem to think minorities will automaticaly vote for them. They seem to ignore the fact that the majority of minorities(?), especially hispanics, tend to be rather conservsative as well as fairly religeous.

Outside of the U.S. and the "western countries", "gays" are not very well thought of and are targets of discrimination and violence, and "women's rights" are a novel concept.

So just because they sneak into the U.S., fail to learn the language, and want to live like they did in the turd world country they came from, why would they suddenly become all liberal? Except of course where it puts a free buck in their pocket.

it is especially obsurd to expect that the black population will vote democrat. in reality , yes they do, but for the last, well since mlk and malk-x were assinated, the black community has had NO one that is willing to support them without putting themselves frist. jessy jackson and al sharpton, dont even get me started. all they are are actors and crooks. the so called leaders of the black communities have done so much to disenfranchise the black populus in recent decades, that i would say without giving a second thought, that they have almost brought the country back to the times of equal rights in the the 50's and 60's. what was my point, why do i always get off on a tangent and lose my train :choo choo: of thought....w/e i think you all can draw your own conclusions from where i start.

MrWilson said:
it is especially obsurd to expect that the black population will vote democrat. in reality , yes they do, but for the last, well since mlk and malk-x were assinated, the black community has had NO one that is willing to support them without putting themselves frist. jessy jackson and al sharpton, dont even get me started. all they are are actors and crooks. the so called leaders of the black communities have done so much to disenfranchise the black populus in recent decades, that i would say without giving a second thought, that they have almost brought the country back to the times of equal rights in the the 50's and 60's.
Mr. Wilson. You are making great strides in your articulation of the subjects at hand. Keep up the good work.

MrWilson said:
what was my point, why do i always get off on a tangent and lose my train :choo choo: of thought....w/e i think you all can draw your own conclusions from where i start.
I would like to see a little more effort in making sure that your spelling and capitalizations are up to snuff. I think it would enhance your comments.

And I do enjoy your 'ragged' participation.
icon12.gif
Thanks.

MonsterMark said:
I would like to see a little more effort in making sure that your spelling and capitalizations are up to snuff. I think it would enhance your comments.

lol, you sound like my 7th grade english teacher. Just to let you know, the spelling WILL NOT get better...never has, never will...ill keep a consious effort to make sure i use caps tho :)...but hay, not too bad for a senior in hs tho, eh?

barry2952 said:
I think this site should have a spellchecker!
Not because I get irritated with bad grammar (because I do not), but I agree. That would be a good tool to have for anyone.

i agree that it would be good, for me :) because i am HORRIBLE at spelling, which i probabily misspelled atleast 4 words in this sentance.

MrWilson said:
i agree that it would be good, for me :) because i am HORRIBLE at spelling, which i probabily misspelled atleast 4 words in this sentance.

Hey I am no expert and I totally agree on a spell checker because I spend twice as much time going over my posts correcting spelling errors than I should have to versus having a spell checker. I would love a spell checker imbedded into the site. Somebody PM Joey to make it happen. I am sick of being the nag.
icon12.gif

I agree that it would be good , for me because I am HORRIBLE at spelling. (Which)delete... I probably misspelled atleast 4 words in this sentence.

Nope. That would be 7.
icon10.gif

barry2952 said:
No one was interested in King Bush's coronation. How does that mean that the Right is gaining strenth? You're dreaming. Bush haters are gaining strength even among conservatives.
Hey Bryan,
The headlines this morning said that the U.S. is losing the war in Iraq by anyone's standards. What are you going to do if we go running with our tail between our legs? Are you going to blame the lefties?

I know I wasnt about to waste a few hours of my day watching GW promise to Lie, Cheat and Steal for 4 more years.

We wont go running with our tail between our legs. We'll declare victory, we'll declare democracy, and we'll bring our boys home with a pat on the back for a job well done..... and in a few years Iran will have a new ally in the region

Joeychgo said:
We'll declare victory, we'll declare democracy, and we'll bring our boys home with a pat on the back for a job well done..... and in a few years Iran will have a new ally in the region
Ouch, Ouch, Ouch. A possible scenario I am loath to admit.

Joeychgo said:
I know I wasnt about to waste a few hours of my day watching GW promise to Lie, Cheat and Steal for 4 more years.

We wont go running with our tail between our legs. We'll declare victory, we'll declare democracy, and we'll bring our boys home with a pat on the back for a job well done..... and in a few years Iran will have a new ally in the region

...someone start this one off

Members online

Back