Attacked by Bugs

mergner26

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently drove down from NJ to FL for school and now my car is covered in dead bugs. Since I'm at school, i don't have access to a hose or any means of washing my car. I brought it to a car wash today and spent 40 on a wash and wash, but my car still has bugs all over it. Anybody have any suggestions on how to remove the rest of the bugs? It's tough not being able to just go outside and wash the car myself.

Addressing the broader car wash situation, can't you use a self-service car wash? That's what I did when I was in school and without a driveway and hose.

Just go to a Wal-Mart and buy bug and tar remover. I believe its safe for paint, but read the instructions/warnings first.

Addressing the broader car wash situation, can't you use a self-service car wash? That's what I did when I was in school and without a driveway and hose.

i tried looking for one today. this is my first semester with a car down here and i found about 4 car washes all of which were automatic or whatever you would call it.

Get the cheap automatic wash(the one that doesn't come with drying). Get a rag, a bucket of water and some car detergent.

1. Roll through the wash, your car is all wet.
  2. Wash it by hand with the rag and bucket.
  3. Run through the wash again, this time with a dry.

Wait until you start driving around Florida during lovebug season.

lovebug_photo4.jpg

i tried looking for one today. this is my first semester with a car down here and i found about 4 car washes all of which were automatic or whatever you would call it.

Look harder. You'll find one, and then you can take care of your car yourself. Check the phone book or online.

Wait until you start driving around Florida during lovebug season.

lovebug_photo4.jpg

plus if you let the lovebugs stay on splattered all over the car for long periods of time, they can take the paint off once you do wash your car..

Members online

No members online now.
Back