ASC Sunroof Relay Location 2001 LS

Warden

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Trying to help my friends father fix his sunroof. My buddy thinks it is a bad relay; where would I find the ASC Sunroof relay?
I tried searching but got extremely frustrated filtering through non related threads.
Any help is appreciated. I'm also going to google this question.

Get the owners manual out. There are some relays under the hood in the distribution box. There is a page in the owners manual that tells you what each relay controls.

There is a fuse for the moonroof in the rear distribution box in the trunk. The location is number 16. If that is good then it might be an bad motor in the sunroof.

The car should be at my house about in about 2 hours, hopefully i'll get in there.

Thanks, by the way....
The fuse is fine, he is checking the manual for the relay descriptions. Either he didn't see before or he thinks there is another relay that does not exist and in fact the motor is dying. He can't close it; he pushes the button and it moves in small increments and will not close at all. It keeps moving past the close position.

Also, I believe that the ASC is aftermarket and would have a different relay from the stock and thus not labeled on any stock diagram. He has found diagrams on the internet but none show the particular sunroof relay.

The stock sunroof has the relays and sensors built into the "smart" motor assembly.
If you have an aftermarket sunroof, then what is has is up to the manufacturer of that sunroof, and where it's at is up to whoever installed it.

The stock sunroof has the relays and sensors built into the "smart" motor assembly.
If you have an aftermarket sunroof, then what is has is up to the manufacturer of that sunroof, and where it's at is up to whoever installed it.

Yep. Our 2nd LS had the aftermarket ASC sunroof installed. It will never work as the stock sunroof. It is just a basic sunroof and will pretty much open, close and tilt using the controls.

Members online

No members online now.
Back