Arnott VS Strutmasters?

Well I hope my front air struts/shocks and rear bags last for while. When they do finnaly give up then I will call eddie due to all of the positive talk! He sounds like the best choice! I bought my compressor and air tank for my train horns from Arnott & so far so good!

That's Right... Eddie is the best... and it's mainly because of his service and his availability to help. It's not because he sells anything different.

GO MONROE!.IT CHEEPER N MORE RELIABLE- WELL THAT'S WHAT I HEARD. ;/:shifty: :)

samuelLOLjackson.gif

STRUT! :)

I have been worrying about just this subject for some time and now it has come true. Well on the cheaper end at least cause my rear drops to the bump stops now.

Only thing is sometimes I come out in the morning and it is fine and then at times it will hit the bump stops while I am driving?!

I just ordered a OEM rear sensor and I hope that is it cause I don't feel like getting under the car in this weather :(

Does anyone have anything to say good or bad about either of these vendors on the replacement air struts / shocks for my '98 Mark VIII, because right now strutmasters is a whole lot cheaper than Arnott!

Hi, We will beat anybodys price on air conversion kits. We give life time (WARRANTY) on all conversion kits. We will Garranty all kits. Give us a call at toll free 1-877-678-7887(struts-r-us.com)

I have been worrying about just this subject for some time and now it has come true. Well on the cheaper end at least cause my rear drops to the bump stops now.

Only thing is sometimes I come out in the morning and it is fine and then at times it will hit the bump stops while I am driving?!

I just ordered a OEM rear sensor and I hope that is it cause I don't feel like getting under the car in this weather :(

There is only one rear sensor. And it would not be the problem, the problem is the leak is so bad that the compressor can not keep up, hence the drop.

There is only one rear sensor. And it would not be the problem, the problem is the leak is so bad that the compressor can not keep up, hence the drop.

I would have thought that except that it will go days without dropping, even over night? Then I will be driving and it will be bouncing off the stops. Go inside come back out start the car and it will pump up and be fine.

So I am trying the easier method first and I know where the sensor is as I did a sensor lower at one time. I'm just trying to figure out what is the malfunction at this point :confused:

I am very certain its a leak. There are several reasons why it will seem sporadic.

First of all the leak is in the fold of the bag as it rolls up to the inside. This gives you a crack in the bag at a very specific point, but you may have several. The crack typically "re-seals" when its not at the fold.

Now there are a few factors. First the car has a ride height window. Since the leak(s) may be a specific point the car will only leak when at that specific height. Since there is a window that the car's drive height is allowed to float in you may park it below or above that point. Therefore the crack is not exposed and it will not leak down.

Then you have the air inside. If you drive a long distance the bags can heat up a little, then when parked the air inside cools and the bags "deflate" a little, this will often expose the crack and it deflates. On short trips the bags do not heat up and they do not contract when cooled, so they may hold above the crack point and be ok for days. Even if the temperature drops greatly outside this can happen.

When driving the bags are flexing a GREAT deal. This exposes the crack and puts pressure on the bags. Even if the crack is not at the fold, air pressure can cause it to escape. This is why it may inflate fine, but when driving the compressor can not keep up and you drop.

Well the more and more I look at it I want to kick myself for not bidding on a set of new rear bags that sold on EBAY for $10!

Yeah some guy claimed to have bought the new air bags but smoked the compressor. So he put in coils and the bags had no time on em. One person bid and got em for $10.

I shoulda bid :Bang

Members online

No members online now.
Back