Are Gen 1 and Gen 2 LS V8 A/C Compressors interchangable ?

Lincoln LS

1. DaleGrib

DaleGrib Dedicated LVC Member

I know some parts have different part numbers but are indeed the same. Does anyone know for sure if this is the case with the A/C compressors? My compressor gave up the ghost so I am trying to find the best deal on the OEM one unless anyone knows of a good aftermarket one or a good rebuilt one but I would prefer new if at all possible. I already ordered the OEM condenser as I plan to replace at least the compressor, drier, and condenser so I want to ensure I get the correct part.

2. DaleGrib

If anyone knows for sure if the Gen 2 OEM one is good to use in the Gen 1 it would be great to know for sure. I see the aftermarket ones like spectra list the same part number for Gen 1 and Gen 2. But just making sure I won't have a problem using a Gen 2 OEM. The price for a gen 1 compressor is about $200 more so that is why I am asking.

3. DaleGrib

I decided to give it a shot I will post an update on this when I have the work done and will confirm the outcome. I think they are the same from all I can see online. So my guess is that it will work out. I sure hope so cause it will be nice to save $200 on the compressor. So the game plan is to have the old lines flushed out and replace the AC system!