Anyone with foglights on gen1

MYTURN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was hopeing that if anyone has foglights on your gen1 to post pics, if you can. i am still not sure how i should mount them( for looks and for functionability). i am even thinking of blacking out the stock headlights and just using some good foggers.
thanks all

i just seen the pic on the last thread about "filing complaints" i will repost it for ya - 93zzzt.

fog.jpg

that would be me, i like em there. just ordered a set of housings from jamie, so i'll be throwing them in when they arrive, and converting to aftermarket hid's shortly.

the lights in teh grill are hella's and i can find you the part number if you want, i'm taking the grill out and reaiming them this weekend anyway. they are "hella bright" so to speak.

yeah really if you are gonna do it buy good lights, otherwise i think it would be a waste. i think it looks cool as hell approaching you with the lights in the grill at night.

I have been thinking about hacking up a set of headlights from the gen 1's and using them as fogs behind the grill so it looks like there is just one long strip kinda like the rear tail lights,maybe this summer i will try this,only worry i have is blocking air flow but my guess is that it will be fine because these cars breath from the bottom too.

That is good advice - if i get fog lights get really good ones. u can get hids for fog lights too, i think. I even tried cutting out the old lights and fitting in some oval fog lights in the housing but it was going to be too hard and too hacked.

i was hopeing that if anyone has foglights on your gen1 to post pics, if you can. i am still not sure how i should mount them( for looks and for functionability). i am even thinking of blacking out the stock headlights and just using some good foggers.
thanks all

I did mine and this is what it looks like.
after.GIF

after.GIF

I don't have a picture, but before I installed HIDs, I had a pair of 55W driving lights mounted directly behind the grill.

It was an incredible help, but it was far from perfect. It does help with lighting up what's directly in front of you, but it doesn't illuminate off to the sides at all. It also took a couple tweaks to get the angle right. You have to make sure to illuminate far enough down the road without blinding the unfortunate person you're behind.

I also thought the grill lights looked really cool.

I installed mine like Markviiiedrea (upside down) just because it looked easier to do that way and I think it also helps since they are higher up and you have more range available to aim them. I did a wireless remote with it (PepBoys, $29.00) so it is an easy upgrade. Makes all the difference, I can actually see at night, in the rain-but seeing another thread on here makes me think I might do the HID ebay kit that Unity installed, better is better, afterall.

mine are wired with the lowbeams. i'm thinking about redoing mine with a separate switch to run them on hi also. maybe wire them to the parking lights. it's a relay so it doesn't draw any power from the headlight harness.

word on not illuminating to the sides, turning into dark streets with the lowbeams on sucks.

mine are mounted right in the center, as you can see. the are a tremendous help on lowbeam side but would be much better if they also were on with the highbeams.

I had mine hooked up with relays and what not so when driveing at night I had the lows, highs and fog lights on. my new mark will have stock HIDs and a higher end fog light system mounted like before.

If that dont work I'm getting 2 interceptor spot lights and mounting them on my A pillers for head lights. (I'm kiding BTW)

I had mine hooked up with relays and what not so when driveing at night I had the lows, highs and fog lights on. my new mark will have stock HIDs and a higher end fog light system mounted like before.

If that dont work I'm getting 2 interceptor spot lights and mounting them on my A pillers for head lights. (I'm kiding BTW)
Better yet just mount them in your rear view door mirrors for that cleaner look.Then your on your way to flashing down the police and ticketing them for there foul driving habits:D

i have to find a picture.. but Audi has these really cool bright white bumper lights... i bet they would look bad a$$ if someone would take the time to mold them into our front bumpers

I saw a mark that the guy had a 3x5 box cut out in the front bumper,i think it was for ram air but it would work for fog lights,he had a mesh grill on the spot.

I myself have busted open the stock housings rechromed them with run of the mill Chrome rattle can, of course with all the proper prep work, and installed one of my own HID retro fits. a 55w 6000K in both low and highbeam spots, I just need to figure out the wire to keep the low beam on when igniting the highbeam and Oh my what a bliss it is to be able to see out of the headlights.

BTW the rattle can Chrome will do just fine since there is minimal heat put out via the bulbs, will report on the progress of the chrome. for the exterior I started with 800 pad on an orbital and worked my way to 3000 disc and a nice coat of clear. In Texas we dont get much snow or rain, so it *should* hold up ok.

I bought a wireless kit, set it up, doesnt work. I returned it and gave up on it, because it was very cold. These wired kits cant be wired to work with the highs? because thats all i run

I bought a wireless kit for mine that didn't work, and returned it and got another, it did work-it was at:( one of thoe chain stores, and I think the first one might have been 'opened' prior to my getting it-the second one worked out of the box, easy to install and works perfectly.

This was my second set, my mother bought it at walmart. The second one was a little better, when I used the remote I heard the receiver click but nothing. Its winter and I'm sick of dealing with it so I returned it. Where can I get a decent enough set thats wireless? I prefer wireless but dont mind wiring it If I can use it on the highs.

I got wireless remote at PEPBOYS, it was $29.99 i think-it has a programming feature, maybe the one you got at WalMart did too, and that's why it didn't work. It is nice because it has a built-in relay, I wired it into the main fuseblock so that it'll only power when key is on, that way I won't run down my battery when I forget to shut it off. It stays on after shutting down until I open the door, then goes out. I have left the autolights on, so I can drive with just low beams (halogens, they are awful), lo and driving lights (good, I can actually see) and high or high with driving lights (nobody flashes me, so I guess I'm ok no matter what I do). I am still going to get one of those cheapy hid kits on ebay for the lows, for less than $100 I figure I can't really go wrong. Between the remote and the lights I spent about $60 and I'm getting back $20 rebate on the lights, so it was a cheap. easy fix (for now). Would have been nice if it had good lights to begin with though, this car is downright dangerous when dark and raining on a unlit road with bad or no painted lines. At least now I can see where I'm going.

Members online

No members online now.
Back