Anyone want a

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
Scanning Electron Microscope?

I went to a used Govt. Surplus yard yesterday and came across this gem.

I would have snapped it up in a second if it hadn't been left out in the elements for God only knows how long.... :(

Sadly, the model is still in use today.

I mean, how cool would it be to be able to say "You need 1500X magnification? No problem. I have an scanning electron microscope in my garage". :lol:

IMG_20110413_141302.png

IMG_20110413_141307.png

IMG_20110413_141323.png

I ended up with a bunch of large Ammo cans, a bunch of Vacuum tubes and a bunch of other odd and ends. My pick-up truck bed was full and paid $150 bucks.

man! what the heck?! A goverment surplus yard? I wish we had one around where I live!\
For the record,my magnifying glass doesnt do too well,I might look into this. ;D

Cool stuff man. You ever want to get rid of any of those 5963s, let me know. I've got a 60's Gibson Hawk that's begging for some new glass in the reverb and tremolo circuits. Any idea if they're any good? NOS or just pulls from old equipment?

I'm sure Brandon's mentioned the amount of work I've done with tube equipment... I promise they'll be in a good home :D.

A shame to see useful stuff that should be kept indoors rotting outside. Old or not, a SEM is useful to someone somewhere. That could have been the 'scope that identifies a cure for the zombie virus!

Members online

Back