Anyone use Grundy Classic Car Insurance?

foxpaws

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I am about ready to renew my classic car insurance on the Caddy, and my current insurance provider (American Collector) is raising rates 25% - across the board - I didn't have any tickets or accidents or claims - I guess they are raising it 'just because' :(

Grundy is quite a bit cheaper - has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks...

i have grundy

96 mark viii lsc..

full coverage ..$10k payout.. $174 per year..

i cant complain .. i havent had any problem with them

Geno (onebadmk8) has grundy on 2 of his cars

Thanks - it seems like the way to go for right now...

I went with Hagarty...'68 Cougar, $10,000 value, 3 drivers, including a 17yo, 5000mile limit/year...$143.00 per year

i have grundy

96 mark viii lsc..

full coverage ..$10k payout.. $174 per year..

i cant complain .. i havent had any problem with them

Geno (onebadmk8) has grundy on 2 of his cars

Grundy will insure a Mark VIII ?
I thought it was only for older or special edition cars.
I am interested , since my Mark only gets driven about 300 miles a year,
How did they classify your car (hot rod,classic,ect...) ?

Grundy will insure a Mark VIII ?
I thought it was only for older or special edition cars.
I am interested , since my Mark only gets driven about 300 miles a year,
How did they classify your car (hot rod,classic,ect...) ?

they said no.. then i told them that a guy referred me to them who has a 96 mark viii insured by them..(geno) and then they said yes..

i think they classified it as a "show car"

There are conditions though?

Doesn't the car need to be fully restored and stored in a garage?

you have to show them photos of your car, and even photos of where you store it. Also, while there is no restriction on mileage - there is a restriction on what those miles entail. You have to be 'showing' it. Going to/from shows, in parades, car club events, etc. I don't know about the 'full' restoration, they do resto mods, but I do think the car has to be complete.

It is pretty reasonable -

you have to show them photos of your car, and even photos of where you store it.

1 photo of the front and 1 photo of the side of your car.. copy of your registration.. and proof that you own another "daily driver" insured by seperate company... and you have to "describe the place of storage ".. no photos ..

unlimited mileage .. but you can only drive the car to and from "car related events"... which could be a "club meeting at burger king"...

you get the point...

p.s. it helps to belong to a "car club".. such as Lincolnvscadillac .. no proof needed

Members online

No members online now.
Back