Anyone tuning LS's with HP Tuners?

Torx

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm buying into HP tuners for my sierra and challenger, and interested to know if its worth buying credits for the LS and if anyones even tuning them anymore.
I'm aware of the SCT tuner, but feel like hp would be more robust? Any insight is appreciated. I've already got forscan pro android, and forscan full pc edition with switchable hs/can obd2 usb adapter.

I‘ve used HP tuners on my Chevy‘s for years with great results but didn’t know they had for Lincoln Ls either so that’s good to know

I doubt anyone is actively developing - or even selling - LS tunes. The LS uses an uncommon engine - the Jag 3.9. I don't know what ECU specifically it is. Back-in-the-day SCT was the only platform that was really used to play with the stock ECU.
But if HP says they support the ECU then they probably do. You'll be on your own for developing tunes though. I doubt HP even has off-the-shelf tunes for the LS. It's also very interesting that they say "03-05" since the gen 2 platform was 03 to 06. IIRC, the v6 wasn't available in 06, but the website specifically says the 3.9. It really makes me wonder if they really mean the v6. But, hey, the LS just wasn't very popular and didn't get much attention, so you'd just have to experiment and see.

Torrie was kind of the Big Name in LS tuning. You can squeeze a little out of the 3.9 but not much (~20hp?). Tweaking the trans shifts had much more noticeable and immediate results.

V6 soon to be LSA swapped will run Hp Tuners

IMG_1704.jpeg

Last edited:
Torrie was kind of the Big Name in LS tuning. You can squeeze a little out of the 3.9 but not much (~20hp?). Tweaking the trans shifts had much more noticeable and immediate results.

Yeah... Torrie was able to get 15hp more (at WOT) and a few more LB/Ft more torque. I might be wrong, but I think the SCT would also bypass the top speed limiter from 135, to 150mph.

I remember reading something years ago... where someone from Canada had his LS up to 150mph with 4 passengers in the car.

He got pulled over... and got 6 months in jail.

Members online

Back