Anyone tried that LMS sniper tune?

Goddard-MarkVIII

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the sniper tuner wondering if anyone used it and how it works?

I hook my laptop to the cars computer? Do I need to buy the connector? Then I load the software on my laptop and use the custom mark file and it sets my car up to a custom power dyno tune or something and then thats it?

Anyone used it? Like it?

Good question! I am interested in knowing what are people's opinions and experiences with tuners for VIII's.

Heres ALL the info you need on it. It covers EVERYTHING. It's badass and very economical too since you get 2 bullets with it which is basically getting 2 programs for the price of one.

My Cousin got it for his 97, used one bullet and sold the other to his neighbor for $200.00 and in the end he only paid $150.00 for his program, or if you have 2 OBD II cars then you have 2 programs for it.

Were selling this the cheapest in the USA for only $349.99 with FREE shipping too!

The best part is now YOUR the tuner and you can redo your program forever as many times as you like for no additional costs. Change something that needs to be addressed in the program? No problem just dl your program into the burner, redo it and reload it into the car, no custom programming fees, no shipping the chip back and fourth, no wait time..etc.

It is awesome and totally easy to use.

Awesome. That XCAL2 is like archaic compared to all these other handheld tuners out there. Nevermind the fact that you can't change sh*t on your own. If and when you hear something about the LS, post something in the LS forum if ya could. I'm sure a lot of guys would be interested, myself included.

any more input? you would still be best at a dyno though right? can you save different programs to use later? kinda like have a street tune then switch real quick to a track tune? im kinda leaning towards this, but if your best off with a dyno, then why not just get the standard? if its as good as it gets after the dyno, why ever change it?

Awesome. That XCAL2 is like archaic compared to all these other handheld tuners out there. Nevermind the fact that you can't change sh*t on your own. If and when you hear something about the LS, post something in the LS forum if ya could. I'm sure a lot of guys would be interested, myself included.

You can tune your own LS with SCT as well. Just get the Pro Racer Package. Nothing archaic about the Xcal2, 3, or Livewire. The reason why normal end-users are not allowed to change stuff on their own is because if every tom, dick and harry were allowed to play with the critical settings in their tune you would see allot of people grenading their engines in the first few pulls. That is why there are only a few end user settings available and even those are limited to the range of adjustment.

Learning how to tune your car with the SCT Advantage software is difficult because it is a tuning system designed around the professional tuner which makes it very powerful but not user friendly for the beginner. The Sniper tuning that most people use operates off of drop down menus and uses allot of averages to tune the vehicle. It is allot more user friendly for a non-professional tuner to use but it also will not be able to dial as many things in nor as precisely as the SCT.

I am not saying one is better than the other but there are benefits and disadvantages to both systems that people need to be aware of before trying to sum them up with an opinion.

I know nothing of tuning. Does this software also read parameters so you can see what the car is doing and then adjust live?

I love my SNIPER tune! you can change it every day if you want! With the gas prices these days its good to have a unit that can change octane levels easily.

I know nothing of tuning. Does this software also read parameters so you can see what the car is doing and then adjust live?

Exactly! I have read about peolple reading Maf, Throttle postion siganls etc. I want a product that can show me what all the inputs into and related to the engine. As well as data logging.

Geno, thanks for the info. I'll be reading up on the sniper package and if this is what I want, we'll be in touch.

:cool:

As a non-professional tuner, the Sniper sounds good to me.

For those that do not want to put allot of time into learning how to tune and do not care if their tune is not perfectly SPOT on then yes the Sniper is the way to go.

Are you talking about actual "real time tuning"?

If that is the case then I am pretty sure Sniper does not support that yet. SCT does not support it either. I know that SCT is working on real time tuning capability which would be a godsend to us custom tuners who really put allot of time into reflashing the heck out of vehicles and making tweaks to the tuning. Tweak it, drive it, tweak it again, drive and test, then when finished you flash the PCM with the new file you have already tested on the vehicle. Saves one hell of allot of tuning time.

But there are solutions out there that read live? So two software packages would be needed then, right?

There a chips available for obdI cars from LMS too.:D

The LMS chip/tune wouldn't work with my car. Who knows why this was. I just like the way the sniper tuner seems so easy to use & can be changed! Too bad one is not availible for a pre 96.

But there are solutions out there that read live? So two software packages would be needed then, right?

I am talking about real time tuning not datalogging. Real time tuning is much much more a complex concept to put into action than logging. Two totally different things, logging and tuning. Real-time datalogging has been available for a while. I believe I am talking about something completely different than what you are. Your terminology threw me off a little.

Members online

Back