Anyone tried any of the control arm bushings on ebay?

Kumba

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has tried any of the control arm bushings on ebay with success.

i was planning on doing the same ebay bushings but then I figured out that the sleeve on the front right bushing was frozen onto the bolt and was forced to cut piece of the arm.

Ended up replacing the arm with Dorman ones and had no further problems.

I tried them. Went to my local garage they pressed the old one out on one, but couldnt get the ebay ones in. So I brought it to my work where I have access to a better press. Then after I cracked the control arm, I measured the replacement and it was .01 bigger than the original. SO if you do decide to go that route measure them first.

I tried them. Went to my local garage they pressed the old one out on one, but couldnt get the ebay ones in. So I brought it to my work where I have access to a better press. Then after I cracked the control arm, I measured the replacement and it was .01 bigger than the original. SO if you do decide to go that route measure them first.

+10-thou is a pretty big oversight. How was the bushing otherwise? Comprable to OEM as far as you could tell?

Cheaper, but you sort of expect that. If I was to do it again I would just get the new arms.

Members online

Back