Anyone running this setup??

I can get a sub twice as strong for less than that.

The only problem I have I dont know how to build a box. That's the only reason i'm looking at this Subwoofer Enclosure.

Then go for the W7 and get the H.O box for that. Otherwise I've got a JL Powerwedge box for sale in Milwaukee. Its a sealed box designed for two 12"s. I'll let it go for $50 its perfect

I would take it but i really want a H/O Box but the only thing is those w7 boxes are huge. You cant push them back all the way to the back seat.

You can get the 10W3v3 for about $160.00 so you have to ask yourself if the box is worth $100.00.

I have 10W3's in various vehicles, its actually my preferred sub. Great all around performance and you don't need a massive amp to push them.

Try a smaller version of the W7 then. The 10" is great hell even the 8" would slam. You can't go wrong with a JL 500/1 or a JL 1000/1 depending on your set up.

I just love the clarity of the JL W7 serious combined with the massive power you can put into them. If I had the money to buy a new set up I'd buy a 10" W7 with the H.O. box tuned from JL and the 500/1. And probably a new alternator and red/yellow top haha

I already have a 220 amp alternator and a yellow top in the trunk. Car is ready for anything lol

Where can you get a box for a single 10W3v3 for less than a $100?

There are cheap boxes out there but I doubt they will be optimized for the W3v3.

the biggest reason that i dont think that this is the right option for you is that those 750.1's usually come in at about 900-950 real watts RMS depending on the birthsheet, and the W3 is only good for about 500. that is way into the red zone, sure it is possible to run an amp that powerful without problems, but it is easily enough power to toast that sub in an instant if your not super careful about the levels

I can get a sub twice as strong for less than that.
which would be a much better idea because of the above

The only problem I have I dont know how to build a box. That's the only reason i'm looking at this Subwoofer Enclosure.
boxes are easy to build if you know how to run some power tools, or you can go to any shop and get quoted for having them build one for you, a lot of times you can talk to the guys and tell them what you would like to stay under (cash talks) and if its simple enough can be done for $100-$150, maybe less if you do all the math and have the plans all done for them.

You can get the 10W3v3 for about $160.00 so you have to ask yourself if the box is worth $100.00.
actually $100 bucks is not a bad price at all for a proper sized and tuned box, especially since its got a couple of nice features that makes it look better than a standard black cube

IMHO: for that price range, i would definitely shop around for a stronger sub for that amp, and either find some one that will build you a box or experiment around with building your own

edit:didn't see that last post, your pretty much have a 1kw amp, you really need a 1kw sub to go with it.

Thanks 1LoudLS appreciate the help. I really want something that will give me the option to take out my tire without taking out the sub box. What single 10" sub do you recommend that can run in a small ported box?

well just off of the top of my head, ive been looking heavily at these lately for a friends upcoming build.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27318_RE-Audio-SXX-12-SXX12D4.html

dual 4's, 1kw RMS, and can be squeezed into 1.5ft3 (however with that amount of power, i would like to see them at 2.0ft3)

but this will definitely cost you a bit more, but your getting a whole lot more back. near W7 performance at half the price, with that amp, it would actually preform better because i only saw W7 in three ohm version and that would cause your amp to not run at full power.

ive also been waiting for Pete's sub to get broken in to see how he likes his

and an Alpine Type X is great and seem to go on good sales often
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9265_Alpine-SWX-1243D.html

Members online

No members online now.
Back