Anyone play with X-Mods?

Lincolns Own

Beast In Disguise
Reaction score
to start off, sorry if this is wrong forum, i've never posted outside the Mark VIII forums!

now, does anyone play with X-Mods? it might sound like kid stuff, but they are sweet!

i have some pics.

2004Nissan350Z018.gif

2004Nissan350Z007.gif

2004Nissan350Z019.gif

2004Nissan350Z011.gif

2004Nissan350Z.gif

thats my orange Nissan 350Z, silver Toyota Body and my '67 Firebird "oh yeah baby"

i sold my 350Z chassis for $40 to my friend (bought whole car for $25) and he let me keep body. well, i can switch bodies anytime so i didnt care.

i also have a Grey EVO Lancer body and a yellow Skyline Body not pictured

if u dont know what they are, they are remote control cars u can get from radio shack. i have 2 car chassies and 4 bodies. i just ordered 2 more cars on ebay. a white supra *Very rare, unopened package* and a Blue Subaru Impreza WRX STI. *unopened*

u can customize almost EVERYTHING on these cars. steering, suspension, body kits, motors, wheels, tires, switch bodies, gear ratios, 4 wheel drive upgrades. battery upgrades and FET's (i dunno how to do those, those are for the math geeks. but if i knew how to do it i would. :p)

there are endless possibilties. radio shack sponsors races from time to time. u can find the tournies on "Speed TV". the guy who went to the final race and won got a 2004 Acura NSX valued at $120,000. (a REAL car ofcourse)

the thing i was mad about was that he only spent about $200 on building his car.

my dad has a '65 Mustang... he's afraid to race me.

well, this ends my long post... sorry for long read :p

PS: if there was a Mark VIII or Mark VII body, i'd buy it ASAP.

they look and sound pretty cool, something to tincker with when u got some down time, how fast can u get them to go. whats a good model to buy.

well, www.atomicmods.com is a site that make alot of serious upgrades for these things. some have been clocked at 45MPH. i would say the firebird is a good model to start with if u like the hotrod cars. theres a G35 thats pretty cool looking. as far as the navigator, alot of people make aftermarket bodies that can fit on the chassis. so you could probably buy a car, then buy several bodies off ebay to work with the car.

I have a couple......

These things are addictive. Started with two kits XMOD 2nd Generation, 1 for me, 1 for my 5 year old(so he wouldnt want mine). He has the EVO, I have the Hummer. Steel bearings, Stage 2 motors, all wheel drive on his, 4 wheel drive on mine, neon kit on his, light kits on both, gear kits. Just waiting for warmer weather so that we can take them out and set them loose. Can't wait.

yeh, i cant wait till my subaru comes in the mail. i got the motors ready for it, and the kit. im ording alot of aluminum stuff to put on the car to reduce weight... and they ar addictive. i've spent about $500 i think and thats not good cuz i was going to buy stuff for the lincoln in the spring. well, i put a lock on my money so now i gotta wait till my next paycheck before i get money.

on my evo chassis *supra* i got the engine upgrade, barrings, suspension. i have to keep my firebird stock because my dad wants a fair race grr.

i plan on getting the all wheel drive kits for my evo chassis and my subaru (1st gen). are they hard to install?

Not at all.......

Lincolns Own said:
yeh, i cant wait till my subaru comes in the mail. i got the motors ready for it, and the kit. im ording alot of aluminum stuff to put on the car to reduce weight... and they ar addictive. i've spent about $500 i think and thats not good cuz i was going to buy stuff for the lincoln in the spring. well, i put a lock on my money so now i gotta wait till my next paycheck before i get money.

on my evo chassis *supra* i got the engine upgrade, barrings, suspension. i have to keep my firebird stock because my dad wants a fair race grr.

i plan on getting the all wheel drive kits for my evo chassis and my subaru (1st gen). are they hard to install?

Just takes a little patience as teh parts are a very small. If you work on your own car, you can work on these. I know that they say the 1st gens are a bit easier to mod than the second gens, but the second gens are supposed to be faster overall. I may go out and get a 1st Gen or two and do some compares.

ImportEater said:
get him a kyosho mini z they smoke fully modded x mods in stock trim

no they dont. i saw a vid of an EVO series with a lithium battery upgrade and a 70k RPM engine and it ran laps around the mini z

Got a Link

Lincolns Own said:
no they dont. i saw a vid of an EVO series with a lithium battery upgrade and a 70k RPM engine and it ran laps around the mini z

You have a link to that video, I would be interested in seeing it.

well, i just got my subaru and white supra in the mail.

the supra went under the bed *gain value* and i just put a stage 2 blue gear motor in the subaru. im on ebay buying a whole bunch of aluminum stuff the the car. im getting wheels from hong kong... 11cm on back, 8.5cm on front, double 5 spoke aluminum gold rally wheels. comes with tires too so i cant wait!

and sry about the mini-z / xmod vid, i could find it :(, but i will admit the mini-z's are fast

Members online

No members online now.
Back