Anyone On Here? (NC LS)

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I took the SS out to work today and had to be in at 6am so I was at a stop light on idlewild on the i485 overpass when a silver 02 ls v8 rolled up beside in the eventually must merge over lane cause of it going to one lane up aways. I was naturally looking at it and the driver was looking at my car, he smiled and i knew he was gonna punch it to try and be ahead to cut in front so I said why not, he seemed like he wanted to start something anyway. Of course not many cars out at all so we were good for a spirited run.

Light went green and I gave it some gas to get moving than hit it, he had punched it and was squealing having traction issues but got a half car jump but I shifted to second at 7200 and just blasted by and got to 60 and shifted to 3rd which by then he was around 4 cars back and flashed his lights. I hit the flashers and slowed back to the limit with him in tow.

We get to the light up the road at the idlewild and matthews/mint hill intersection and he goes goes to the left turn lane and I am behind a car in the straight lane so we were side by side, he rolled his window down(mine was already down) and he said "very nice man, very nice" and I said thanks as he took off since he got green.

Just seeing if he was on here, had wheels, and exhaust, engine sounded alittle louder too so maybe intake but not sure cause it was just a quick sound since my whine pretty much blurred it out.

I killed a Cobolt SS at the track in spring. Granted he couldn't drive it for crap and I can turn good lite...he never got within 6-7 cars of me, raced him several times.

He did trap 101 so he should have been able to handle me but couldn't.

ok, cools there, they are not unbeatable, especially if little is done. But most good drivers can take stock ones into the very low 14's, seen it a few times(we have a LSJ(engine name) club and have 40 members and do lots of track days). As be sure its not just an SS, those are 2.4's w/ just 170hp, the SS SC's are the rated "205" hp, I put that in quotes cause many stockers have done dyno's and are getting around that much to the wheels, car is very underrated as is the new LNF(turbo model) from what I gather. But yea, most SC's do around 14.5 to 15's because of driver, its a tricky car to get used to launching, it was like learning stick all over again when I got this car, even more now w/ the new tune and work done.

But anywho, maybe I we see him again, after all he was going the same route but have not seen the car before just this morning, usually do not have to be in till 7 am so that is probably why, he must go in early everyday. Definitely not going in that early if I don't have too haha

It was SCed.

Guy actually went out of his way to come and talk to me after the last run to see what was up with my car. He couldn't believe how far I ran on him.

maybe the guy in the Ls doesn't know how to drive his car. Even though it is an auto.

haha, yea, still get some of them guys who just cannot believe a lincoln even if sporty looking can be relatively quick for the size and weight. Same for this car, have many shows around the area here and people just cannot understand the power these have. I have been called a bullshioter many times when asked this and that, but whatever, I am not out to brag or think mine is super fast, but I have the image that everyone see's me as one of them civic punks, its all good all the more better when I rip on them at the track or a vacant road somewhere.

haha, yea, still get some of them guys who just cannot believe a lincoln even if sporty looking can be relatively quick for the size and weight. Same for this car, have many shows around the area here and people just cannot understand the power these have. I have been called a bullshioter many times when asked this and that, but whatever, I am not out to brag or think mine is super fast, but I have the image that everyone see's me as one of them civic punks, its all good all the more better when I rip on them at the track or a vacant road somewhere.

LOL.

You shared a SS vs. LS story as did I. Mine is quicker than most and I'm hard to beat at a tree.(especially for a rookie)

In a normal situation I would say the upper hand would go to the SS as long as SCed.

Doubt the non SCed ones will trap anywhere close to 101mph btw.

glad ya shared, I like to see other SCers get whipped, keeps them level headed haha. I got roasted by a 5.0 a few weeks back, was hilarious it seemed slightly modded, than he punched it and I was DOH! We were going to the same event, saw his slips, mid 12's all day compared to my last run at the track that was a 13.87 if I remembers. I am dying for the new 1/4 to open up here, no more driving to rockingham and having to wait an hour for the car to cool down to do a couple runs.

Members online

Back