Anyone Know what this is?

RequestingFlyBy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been bored and lookin' at other LS pics and noticed that I don't have this on my car. It seems to be a cover of the bumper reinforcement. Does everyone have this on their LS? What's it called? Anyone with a part # and/or a price? I know it doesn't serve a purpose, but I feel like my LS isn't complete without it. Thanks.

Mike

2236693_4_full copy.jpg

ya its just like a cover... you gotta take it off to get into your headlights, every LS should have it... i dunno a part # or anything tho

yea, get it from the dealer, I dont think that it's gonna be expensive..

If you don't have the cover piece, what is holding the temperature sensor (that's the bullet-like thing to the left of the hood latch in your photo)?

The sensor snaps into a hole in the piece you're missing.

I checked teamfordparts and nothing looked like the correct piece. And as for my temp sensor, the dealer who I bought the car from has it rigged on the actual metal bumper that should be underneath the cover. I have had my car less than a year and didn't think there was anything missing until yesterday.

carbon fiber look

I covered mine with the carbon fiber material from LSKoncepts I think it looks good.

RequestingFlyBy said:
I checked teamfordparts and nothing looked like the correct piece. And as for my temp sensor, the dealer who I bought the car from has it rigged on the actual metal bumper that should be underneath the cover. I have had my car less than a year and didn't think there was anything missing until yesterday.

Well that's a Mickey Mouse set-up if ever I heard one! Get the right part and install the temp sensor the way it is shown in the photo you posted.

Not according to my carfax report. It did come with a newer headlight on the one side, so I'm thinking they took it off and didn't replace it or broke it and didn't want to put a new one on it. I am gonna head to the dealer tomorrow to get one if the price is reasonable.

Went to the dealer yesterday. They had a lot of trouble finding the part on their schematics, but after about 4 hours they called me and said they found it. It should be in on Tuesday. It ran about $12. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help and responses.

RequestingFlyBy said:
Went to the dealer yesterday. They had a lot of trouble finding the part on their schematics, but after about 4 hours they called me and said they found it. It should be in on Tuesday. It ran about $12. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help and responses.
Sweet!

Members online

No members online now.
Back