Anyone know the difficulty of a lower ball joint replacement

Cmoney21

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I took my car in for an alignment check and they told me my right side ball joint is bad. I had none of the clues, just though it was time for an alignment check. I do know I need an outer right side tie rod end too. I figure if im going to try and save some money it would be better to do the ball joint and tie rod end together. Then take her up there for the alignment check. Thanks a lot for any help that can be given. I drive a 97 Lincoln conti

The ball joint is a royal PITA on the continental because the force of the spring is pushing on the lower control arm, and you don't have much room to work with to get it out. Without a lift, a huge prybar, and a buddy to help you out, you would be cursing up a storm trying to do it yourself.

I have a 97 and my inner tie rods were also worn at about 107,000 miles. You may want to get a set of those and install at the same time.

Brad.

Wouldn't a press help? I was gong to buy one from harbor freight :) good prices. Plus I am by myself so I really need all the help I can get. What else should I look at while I'm in there. New boot possibly?? Any Ideas?? thanks again for any feed back!!

YEAH! I was thinking about being cheap because I'm under a budget. But another 40 bucks shouldn't break it. To make sure both sides have the same part and aligned correctly. I would hate to go through this again in August because I didn't put a tie rod on the other side. My main goal before all this happened was to re-paint it. I just want that pearl luster back. Plus I'm catching some surface rust in places( rockers etc) Its a great car mine has 144,000 I ve had it for five years it a great car! Many think they aren't worth fixing, I beg to differ!

hey I have a 2001 continental 88k and I think I might also need new tierods and ball joints, would anyone by any chance know about how much will it cost me total for both wheels, inner/outer tie rod ends and ball joints if I take it to a shop

thanks in advance

Members online

No members online now.
Back