anyone know Daytons?

crazyman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I just got a set of Dayton true knockoff wheels in trade for some work and rather than selling them like I had intended, I went ahead and put them on my Towncar. Has anyone got knockoff wheels, or know anything about them, like do they stay tight, any problems, etc?This is the first set I've ever messed with.

Hank,Ruby and the Lincoln 007.jpg

from what ive heard knock-off wheels will rust after awhile...

I have knock off luxor wire wheels on my 97 tc and they have been on there for the past six months. The stay tight after 15,000 mile that I have driven in the past six months and they polish up nice each wash. But keeping the wires shiny is almost impossible. If someone tells you they will fall off they are wrong. As long as you have them screwing toward the rear of the car they should stay on. Espessially with daytons, they are just about the best you can get with respect to wire wheels, made in dayton ohio.

If you've got true Dayton's they won't rust, but just about every other POS out there will. But, Dayton's also cost twice the price of almost every other wire wheel.

you should put some wide whitewalls or vogues on there, those tires are not doing those rims justice.

97blacksts said:
you should put some wide whitewalls or vogues on there, those tires are not doing those rims justice.

:I

i was wondering if anybody on these forums had knockoffs, but whitewalls/vouges are DEFINATLY the way to go with wire rims.

Just make sure that the lug adaptors are on the right side (red=right white=left usually) otherwise you may have a problem.

Members online

No members online now.
Back