Anyone here messed with the Moates QuarterHorse chip?

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
I'm considering getting one for the Mark when its mostly complete. I have some friends running them in their stangs and have become quite good at self tuning it...

Anyone here running one?

I know many guys with SCs running it with great results. I will be putting one in my SC when I get around to it. Sorry don't know anyone with any other type of car running it.

I didn't think they had this for our cars to include supporting the auto trans functions?

I seriously considered it but at the time could not find a strategy code for my Mark VIII. There was ONE strategy code for the Mark VIII known but it was not a match. I don't recall at this time what the strategy code was.

BTW, if you don't know, the strategy code is NOT the 4 digit PCM code - it is usually something like "CZAJL".

Yeah there is only binaries, well look up tables really, easily available, for Mustangs. Still they are 4.6 modulars like our Marks and can't be that different in the engine area. It should be possible to lift the tables off the chip in the car but I have not got that far.

Edit: The Quarterhorse module will grab the stock binaries off the ECM.

For about the same price as reprogramming a chip you can buy the capability to DIY. It looks like fun too. Defiantly where I'm headed.

I have some stuff stashed here:

http://carnagepro.com/mark/

The .xdfs are tables the qh_intro_meyer.doc.pdf is very interesting as well.

so what do people use to tune eec iv first gen marks then?
can i get software to write sct chips? i already have a 4 bank sct chip with one tune. can i add another tune myself?

so what do people use to tune eec iv first gen marks then?
can i get software to write sct chips? i already have a 4 bank sct chip with one tune. can i add another tune myself?

The SCT stuff should write to that chip:

http://www.sctflash.com/

They have a software deal to get the strategy and binary for your car as well as editing software and this guy is a mine of information:

torrie@unleashedtuning.com

I decided the Quarterhorse was a better deal for me. The hardware that interfaces with your EEC-IV has room for four different programs as well as the ability to change stuff on the fly.

The actual cost is somewhat cheaper with the Quarterhorse setup but not by a great deal.

Members online

No members online now.
Back